MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
You sent me a PM letting me know and he sent me the same picture of that guys dr9icers licence and picture. He texted me from 904 533 5243 and when I insisted o giving either goods and services or the serial number to my FFL he said i was making it too difficult. Here is exactly what he texted me st 3am this morning!:

"Nevermind buddy I don’t like when you are making it difficult okay"

English is not at all his first language. He had another account on here. He will have another one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unfortunately This guy scammed me out of $400 on that m&p compact post he had. Please be aware of this dude !!
Man.... Did you send him money through paypal?
Here is what he said to me and what PayPal address he gave me

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Site staff had been notified and although they leave a cute post that “they are not responsible for scams”, you would think they’d at least ban the fuckers accounts by now. This forum is fuckn dead. Other forums I’m on would have acted on this in more ways than one. Maybe he they get kick backs... But watch me get banned simply for being a smart ass about it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Site staff had been notified and although they leave a cute post that “they are not responsible for scams”, you would think they’d at least ban the fuckers accounts by now. This forum is fuckn dead. Other forums I’m on would have acted on this in more ways than one. Maybe he they get kick backs... But watch me get banned simply for being a smart ass about it.
I looked at the sale post of the compact yesterday and the seller was banned.
I was going to suggest you notify the forum staff but checked that and see you already had done so.

Not sure when they were banned but at diner time yesterday is when I noticed it.

This like other forums have volunteer staff they do the best they can.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Site staff had been notified and although they leave a cute post that “they are not responsible for scams”. You would think they’d at least ban the fuckers accounts by now. This forum is fuckn dead. Other forums I’m on would have acted on this in more ways than one. Maybe he they get kick backs...
I looked at the sale post of the compact yesterday and the seller was banned.
I was going to suggest you notify the forum staff but checked that and see you already had done so.

Not sure when they were banned but at diner time yesterday is when I noticed it.

This like other forums have volunteer staff they do the best they can.
I understand completely it’s volunteer moderation, however, believe what ever I have volunteered to do was done in a timely manner and with urgency. From the time myself and another member had notified staff, not to mention a whole thread about it, others were in contact and almost scammed by this guy.

There are other precaution staff can take. This may not be a popular view, but considering the frequency to which people are encountering scammers, given mostly recent, there can be lockouts to the ad section until you’ve sold and or have been on the forum for long enough to be vetted and vouched for, through activity.

Finally, this forum is the one I am least on and yet it is the one I’ve seen most scammers. I believe the reason they are targeting this forum in particular, are because this forum is dead and very inactive, giving them the ability to act without there being easily detected, through an inability for there to be a mass notified populace, who could alert each other rapidly and often.

In all, I think changes need to be met, and if volunteering can prove to hinder that action due to scheduling conflict, I’d be happy to step up and donate my time to the security of further transaction on this forum. The time I’ve put into it in the past few days is essentially doing so, without title, anyway.

Hope we can see the betterment of this forum, regardless.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts