MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some updated pics..

I did my own stipple and IMO I love it feels nice and I know my hands are staying put

I also did that cheesy but cool white crayon trick and that is that...

Here is the .40

here is the 9mm

here they are 2gether in the case

And just for fun heres me and my pups playing in Lake Michigan

enjoy-Jason

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice set of guns and the pup's look like they are having a blast...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Looks like a great time Jason. Happy lookin pups, shows how there owner treats them! :wink:

The .40 looks awesome.....you might need to enlighten me on the crayon trick......I have been wanting to ad some flair without polishing the slide!!!!

Nice work brother.

Morgan Walker said:
Nice set of guns and the pup's look like they are having a blast...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finalfusion said:
Looks like a great time Jason. Happy lookin pups, shows how there owner treats them! :wink:

The .40 looks awesome.....you might need to enlighten me on the crayon trick......I have been wanting to ad some flair without polishing the slide!!!!

Nice work brother.

[quote name='Morgan Walker']Nice set of guns and the pup's look like they are having a blast...
[/quote]

Real easy to use.. just grab the color you want and rub the crayon around the area over and over and over again until it is covered then rub off the reamins with a cloth and taddaa I have heard other heating the slide and using a hair dryer but this works without heat.. let me know

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Will be giving this a shot over the weekend my freind!

101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Looks like a great time Jason. Happy lookin pups, shows how there owner treats them! :wink:

Nice work brother.

[quote name='Morgan Walker']Nice set of guns and the pup's look like they are having a blast...
[/quote]

Real easy to use.. just grab the color you want and rub the crayon around the area over and over and over again until it is covered then rub off the reamins with a cloth and taddaa I have heard other heating the slide and using a hair dryer but this works without heat.. let me know[/quote]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the great thing about it too is if you dont like it just take a wire brush to it and then start again

play with it it is cheap and really adds some flavor

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Flavor indeed!! Its funny I always thought......How in the F do they get the finish in there like that??....haha Well now I know.....Thanks for the FYI brother.....Will keep you posted.

Did you ever get your AK build going?

101Combat Vet said:
the great thing about it too is if you dont like it just take a wire brush to it and then start again

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finalfusion said:
Flavor indeed!! Its funny I always thought......How in the F do they get the finish in there like that??....haha Well now I know.....Thanks for the FYI brother.....Will keep you posted.

[quote name='101Combat Vet']the great thing about it too is if you dont like it just take a wire brush to it and then start again

[/quote]

All of our cash flow went into traveling 7 states away I am still playing around in my head (its cheaper too)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I heard that!! Good luck, one thing I hate about builds is you get so obbsessed with it and it takes forever to decide wich parts/accessories you want...... :twisted: Keep us posted brother.

101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Flavor indeed!! Its funny I always thought......How in the F do they get the finish in there like that??....haha Well now I know.....Thanks for the FYI brother.....Will keep you posted.

[quote name='101Combat Vet']the great thing about it too is if you dont like it just take a wire brush to it and then start again

[/quote]

All of our cash flow went into traveling 7 states away I am still playing around in my head (its cheaper too)
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah they loved swimming in the 50 degree water.. the only problem is stupid leash laws.. we werent on a beach we just walked away from everywhere else to get them away from other dogs.. but no gotta have a leash... I hate it when stupid people ruin it for the rest of us..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am going to try that with a 10/22 barrel and receiver I accidentally scared last night while inserting the barrel into the receiver. I had some Brownells Auma-Hyde Matte Black paint doing nothing so I sanded, prepped and primed... Now waiting to paint. I have to go into town and I will be sure to get some Crayons.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Red Ryder 40c

Thought I would try it, here you go...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks cool the best 99 cent modification you can make huh.....

did you heat it or just fiil it in and then wipe it off???

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A dedicated raiders fan would use a silver crayon....

I am just saying

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would, but I didn't want to spend $3.98 for a box of 48 colors when I really only 3 colors... Red and Navy Blue will have to do for now, :idea: maybe you can get Silver for my Birthday...

I wiped it this time, but I think I will wipe and then heat to ensure its evenly spreads in all the grooves, next time...

Besides, I have soooooooooooooo many different guns now I can pick a color for each team I like, wow, maybe I should spent the extra $2.98...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I just finished the other side and melted it all, I think if you heat the area first, then apply the crayon it melts into all the nooks and crannies better than grinding it in, just my .02 cents...

BTW: Don't do your serial number, its doesnt look at all like the others, again just my .02 cents...

What to do, take great meds, use open flame and crayons, not to mention play with guns, what else can a guy ask for? Don't answer that...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Josh's turn..

Pretty soon you will see Josh's pics but using the Air Force approved PINK

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it looks real good..

tomorrow I will do the vinegar trick on my barrell so adding more pics tomorrow