MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose this should be in the poll section, but since I own a Shield, and don't know how to start a poll, I thought would ask here.

I've read most all posts here as far back as they go, and I believe somebody had a broken striker tip and was told by Smith&Wesson to use them.

I have a 10mm snap cap for a Glock 20, but not one for my .40 Shield.

I like to dry fire, and was just wondering if you folks use them?

·
Registered
680 Posts
According to the S&W FAQ page: FAQs | Smith & Wesson

Q: Can I dry fire my Smith & Wesson?
A: Yes, except for the .22 caliber pistols which includes models 22A, 22S, 422, 2206, 2214, 2213 and 41.

.22 caliber revolvers such as models 17, 43, 63, 317 and 617 also should not be dry fired.

Q: Why can't I dry fire my .22 pistol or revolver?
A: Dry firing a S&W .22 pistol or revolver will cause damage to the firing pin.
While I don't use a traditional Snap-Cap for Dry Fire practice, but I do use a Laser Snap-Cap from Shop Laser Ammo
The laser only flashes when the striker contacts it, showing where your 'hit' landed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey it's good to know I don't have to worry about dry firing my Shield.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I too use a laser cartridge. G-Sight. Along with their App for visual display of my shots.. Very helpful for a newbie like me to improve grip and trigger pull. Try to use it as much as possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey you're back!
...and your face is still intact.
Those dang lazer things are expensive, and I really don't need to know how badly I'm messing up constantly.

Bigfoot accurate is good enough for me out in the boonies.
I'm just glad I can dry fire my Shield without damaging a striker according to S&W.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Lol

Yeah they are a little pricey. But, I enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts