MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I field stripped and cleaned my M&P40 this weekend for only the second time.

I cycled the slide a number of times, and even ejected and worked with a few snap caps, and all seemed fine.

When I took it to the range, it would not load the first round from the first mag, even though I racked it a few times. I dropped the mag, and worked the the yellow strip lever (???) a few times, and then reloaded the mag. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was down, as opposed to up and flush with the pisto.

I racked it aggressively and it chambered a round, and worked perfectly through 70 rounds (ooh....and my shooting is starting to improve as I become more accustomed to the pistol).

Why did snap caps cycle and eject and not the live round?

Do you think it was just me, and the way I had the pistol after field stripping, or does this sound like a common issue?

What is happening when you leave the little lever down/forward?

Thanks.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
The little lever is forced upwards when a mag is inserted, and should stay up. It isn't the issue here.

Being alittle more indepth:

what would happen to not load the first round?

would it hang up on the feed ramp?

You have to be aggressive when you "rack" the slide. I suggest you "slingshot" the slide. You never want to ride it forward with your hand, let it SLAM home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I just limp wristed it...still not very familiar with this pistol.

The slide would move over the round..and lightly bump it, but it would not come out of the mag and move towards the feed ramp/chamber.

I am thinking I didn't insert the mag hard enough. I'll keep an eye on this to see if it is me or it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
only time I had something like this happen was with 1 round I made that turned out to longer then the specs call for .... I think it was 1.136" and it got hung up on the feed ramp.

If it's not the lengh perhaps it's the spring in the mag?? Try loading 1 less then max & see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts