MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the mag pouches from Concealment Express. They are single pouches but they are very good quality. I have carried 2 of them comfortably outside the waistband. They can also be used inside the waistband. The price is right at $20 each I believe. They are available for most pistol magazine brands.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Back when I got my first Shield, I couldn’t find mag pouches. So, I made mine by dampening a leather 1911 double mag pouch, wrapped two Shield 9mm mags in waxed paper, and stuffed them into the mag pouch for a day or so. I finished it up by lightly rubbing holster oil with a finger into the insides of the pouch, and have been using it ever since. I still leave two mags in the pouch all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the helpful responses. I went ahead and took a gamble and ordered the kywi 1911 double magazine pouches from esstac in multicam arid.

Turns out they fit just about perfect. The only issue is that the mags are very close together width wise and bottom mag lips can block the other mag from being inserted if it is placed lip side toward the center. I have the mags doing a big spoon little spoon thing in the pic. I don’t really see this as a problem for my use case but it may bother others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts