MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some federal HST and Tactical ammo from ammunitiontogo.com. After verifying that my MP9c and G19 eat this ammo reliably I'll probably replace my current carry ammo (Powrball 100gr). My question...Is there increased liability (civil/criminal) by using LEO only ammo if I ever have to use deadly force? Thanks for any info or opinions.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
IANAL, but my answer is no. They can try to use it against you in court (and have tried in some cases) but your only real concern is whether or not the shooting was justified.

Generally speaking it is only "LEO-only" because the ammo manufacturer chooses to market and sell it to LEAs only. But check local laws.

·
Registered
312 Posts
What the Cooch says.

Unless it's some benighted community outlawing those nasty, evil man-killing hollow points who's only purpose is to kill a dozen innocent people with one shot - - - "LEO Only" is primarily marketing hype.

Oh... don't shoot armor piercing, or purchase it, ..or look longingly at it, BATFE doesn't like that.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've seen comments on other forums that suggest using the same ammo as local LEO's.Then ,if sued,you could say that it was only "normal" SD ammo just like our local cops use.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for all the info. I just wouldn't want to be made an example of. But on the other hand if I do have to defend myself/others I want every edge I can get.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have also heard it's a marketing tactic. If purchasing this ammo was illegal, I don't think you would have it in your possesion. The only state I know of that banned hollow points for CCW is New Jersey.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't understand why they would ban hollowpoints..do they want you to shoot somebody with a FMJ and have it go through them and hit somebody else down the street?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
MTech said:
I don't understand why they would ban hollowpoints..do they want you to shoot somebody with a FMJ and have it go through them and hit somebody else down the street?
You are pointing out the idiocy of these laws that soothe the weak minds of the ignorant.

·
Registered
405 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='MTech']I don't understand why they would ban hollowpoints..do they want you to shoot somebody with a FMJ and have it go through them and hit somebody else down the street?
You are pointing out the idiocy of these laws that soothe the weak minds of the ignorant.[/quote]

liberal thinking makes my head hurt

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
MTech said:
liberal thinking makes my head hurt

Wasn't there a cop recently who shot someone breaking into his house three times with a .50 cal Desert Eagle. They took him to court saying that he wasn't afraid for his life because he would have otherwise emptied the clip.

Wrap your brain around that!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
choochboost said:
Got a link for that?

Looking for it

ETA: having to look through a lot of "stupid criminal" crap, as it was mentioned during a conversation regarding those events in reference to stuff talked about on the texaschl forum... so... lots of crap to look through

·
Registered
405 Posts
Grimwulff said:
[quote name='MTech']liberal thinking makes my head hurt

Wasn't there a cop recently who shot someone breaking into his house three times with a .50 cal Desert Eagle. They took him to court saying that he wasn't afraid for his life because he would have otherwise emptied the clip.

Wrap your brain around that![/quote]

A Cop using a DE???

and I can only imagine what the guy looked like after taking 3 .50's

and I dunno about that but I did find this..

"She said Stern fired his gun only after Larkin shot at him with a .50-caliber Desert Eagle handgun - a weapon so fearsome that it has appeared in numerous action movies, video games and TV shows."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/cri...specials_xpromo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Nutshell said:
I have also heard it's a marketing tactic. If purchasing this ammo was illegal, I don't think you would have it in your possesion. The only state I know of that banned hollow points for CCW is New Jersey.

Yes,but they were able to use this very law to arrest Tony Soprano

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The Fish said:
[quote name='Nutshell']I have also heard it's a marketing tactic. If purchasing this ammo was illegal, I don't think you would have it in your possesion. The only state I know of that banned hollow points for CCW is New Jersey.

[/quote]

I never watched the sopranos, but wasn't he from Jersey?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='The Fish'][quote name='Nutshell']I have also heard it's a marketing tactic. If purchasing this ammo was illegal, I don't think you would have it in your possesion. The only state I know of that banned hollow points for CCW is New Jersey.

[/quote]

I never watched the sopranos, but wasn't he from Jersey?[/quote]

Yous guys is right-he is from Nort Joizey.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sorry, I lost internet last night due to the worst storm ever! I think it rained for about 10 minutes, but I didn't have internet from the time I last posted until sometime this morning when I was sleeping. I found some stuff in reference to the topic, but it is really hard to find b/c of the search terms. As I remember it, the cop was off duty at his huose when the robber broke in. I'll look again tonight as I lost my searches yesterday... I went through all of TexasCHL, Snopes, and different places... so i'll just have to keep looking, because I personally want to find the story behind it, b/c the guy who told it just doesn't lie)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
My local news was calling it a hurricane last night.

About the link, don't go out of your way, I was just curious and wanted to read about the incident.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
choochboost said:
My local news was calling it a hurricane last night.

About the link, don't go out of your way, I was just curious and wanted to read about the incident.

Nah, i'll be glad to find it for ya
If I can, lol

Yea, it was a level 1 Hurricane when it hit, and from what i'm told through the news, Galveston is pretty much messed up... but nothing new there, it IS a barrier island. Quite honestly, i'm jaded by the whole system. After Allison, no storm can be taken seriously... our major highways were under 20+ feet of water.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts