MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, my friends. A true tragedy for the students and families.

And I fear hard times for us handgun enthusiasts as well. I've been surfing thru NBC, CNN, MSNBC and the 9mm handgun with high capacity "clips" have been demonized over and over. Won't the anti's have a heyday with this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I believe that this should show that colleges should allow CCW's on campus i know some do but i think all of them should. The university i attend does not and i believe that if a CCW carrier was in that class this could have had a different outcome. I believe that lives would have been saved.

This is a sad time and my payers are out to the victims and families

Adam

·
Registered
15 Posts
Couldn't agree more Adam. I have been following this all day and I am a little confused, perterbed, frankly...pissed off. Maybe it is just the way I think but I can't understand how a classroom of 30 went down to 1 man. After the first 5 were shot, how did someone or a group not have the mentality to try and take him out somehow. All armed with pens, pencils, and all other classroom offerings, many weapons were present. They had to know they were targets as well. I was also a little confused at the reaction of local police. I am not knocking cops as I plan to be one soon. i understand rules of engagement. I also understand that they are there to protect. After watching the "camera phone" video and seeing 7 officers stand there as 19 shots ring off, I was wondering why some were there. I believe in easier said than done, but I would gladly risk my life running into that building, guns drawn, to save 1 life....let alone 30.

Make no mistake, this was a tragic day. My heart goes out.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Adam 500 I agree. The only way this could have not happened if most of the students had a gun then this crazy ***hole might have had second thoughts. Being a recent CCW holder I only now see that guns are the true peace keepers. Our military has practiced this philosophy since we had a military so why do people still think that guns are the real killers? The drug war is not working so why would gun control? So many questions so little answers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can't say how angry this kind of thing makes me. Even if only two people out of all of those students had been carrying a pistol, legally and rightfully, things could have went very differently. Instead, people who are legal adults according to the government are told they're not allowed to be treated as such. The idea that someone under 21, but over 18, can own a rifle, join the military, blow up tanks and die for their country, but can't own a revolver is one of the stupidest things ever. The 14th of July can't come soon enough for me. I hate being some sort of walking dead man simply because of my age if a criminal decides he's having a bad day. I'm sure those on that campus who can legally carry a pistol felt helpless after hearing the news and I know I would have.

Watch, the murderer will be linked to violent video games and movies like The Matrix, somehow. Gotta protect our young'uns! - Colt

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Pinko Press will try to get all the mileage they can out of this to support their anti-gun agenda.

To the average Pinko... this will clearly be a case of "Guns killing innocent people" versus "Sick-O Nutbags" killing people with guns. What seems to be painfully obvious in this case is that the Nutbucket could have just as easily killed these poor kids with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You guys need to read this. I got it from another thread titled Well... Well... Well...

http://www.roanoke,com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

A perfect example of why CCW holders need to vocal and exercise their rights. If the student who was "disciplined" for carrying his legally concealed weapon to class had been there today things might have gone differently.

Anyone out there from maryland needs to go to this site too: http://www.marylandshallissue.com

With all the crazy stuff going on in this country it makes me sick that i can't get a permit. It almost makes me want to carry anyway, but i'm NOT a criminal so i have to obey these ridiculous laws

·
Registered
15 Posts
jaypk13 wrote:

Make no mistake, this was a tragic day. My heart goes out

It really bugs me that such disclaimers need to be stated. Why do some feel that just because a person has strong feelings about these events that they are somehow a cold-hearted bandwagon jumper?

I agree with you chooch. i just didn't want anyone to misconstrue my thoughts. I am not blameing anyone other than the sick *!*! who pulled the trigger

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yep, one person with CCW could have minimized this tragedy. You never know when one of these sick people is going to fly off the deep end. It only confirms the need to carry a weapon.

I mentioned that on a non-firearms forum, I wonder if I'll be thought of as some heartless gun nut...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well guys.... this has become alot more personal now. I just recieved following e-mail from my school. Adress/names are deleted....

We just heard that Mrs.*** *******'s son is confirmed to be one of the shooting victims but we donot know how bad it is yet. We do not know if he was one of 32 killed or one of 26 injured. Please continue to pray for ****** and his parents Peg and Mike as well as all of the victims & family members.

****** ******** RN Coordinator, Practical Nursing

******** ****** Institute of Science & Technology

******* **** ******** RD.

********* , PA *****

*********@cpi. edu

Fax: ***-***-*****

I know the kid as several of us students went to instructer's farm to lend a hand this past winter, and he was there.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well guys.... this has become alot more personal now. I just recieved following e-mail from my school. Adress/names are deleted....

We just heard that Mrs.*** *******'s son is confirmed to be one of the shooting victims but we donot know how bad it is yet. We do not know if he was one of 32 killed or one of 26 injured. Please continue to pray for ****** and his parents Peg and Mike as well as all of the victims & family members.

****** ******** RN Coordinator, Practical Nursing

******** ****** Institute of Science & Technology

******* **** ******** RD.

********* , PA *****

*********@cpi. edu

Fax: ***-***-*****

I know the kid as several of us students went to instructer's farm to lend a hand this past winter, and he was there.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Deadly Force Video

JMBMP1 said:
Check out this video from Fox News

God I hate Fox News - for that matter I hate most cable news.

Mike said:
Being a recent CCW holder I only now see that guns are the true peace keepers.

Ideologically I have to disagree with you on that. Gun owners can't have it both ways. We often argue that guns are just machines - they are neither inherently "evil," nor inherently "good" - that it is the users actions that are right or wrong. I think it is hypocritical to deny that claim that the gun is the "killer" and then label it as the "peace keeper." It's people who are the peacemakers and it's people who are the killers. I hope no offense is taken, just wanted to share my point of view.

·
Registered
26 Posts
VT shootings

The shootings are a tradegy. My thoughts are with the victim's families and the survivors.

I have great concern about the backlash. I am a CCW holder here in VA, and carry where permitted. I fear the illegal actions of this "person" will lead to more restrictions of my legal use of my firearms.

The whole issue of a "gun control" law, is based on a fallacy.

Someone committing a criminal act with a gun, such as murder, will not be deterred by a gun possession law. All the "control" law does is take a means of protection away from the law-abiding citizen.

I do agree with jepn30. The person with a legally-posessed firearm, is the peacekeeper.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just hope that he got the guns illegally. I was kind of glad to hear that he might be here on a visa only becuase that meant the was not liscensed to carry. That may help with the backlash.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the friends and family.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I never ceases to amaze me that the media is so quick jump on interviewing "experts" about the weapons used in killings. As if it matters what he used to kill these poor people!! Just once i'd like to see them focus on the real issue: what the hell is wrong with these wackos who go off the deep end and feel the need to destroy so many lives because they're not happy with their own.

I'm just waiting for the anti-gunners to make their move against handguns once again in the wake of this incident. God forbid if they ever achieve their goal of ridding America of handguns: Then all the criminals will be armed with rifles and shotguns. "A handgun's best use is in fighting your way to a real gun."

·
Registered
240 Posts
BLACKSBURG, Va. - A Virginia Tech student was behind the massacre of at least 30 people locked inside a campus building in the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history, the university said Tuesday.

The Virginia Tech Police Department identified him as Cho Seung-Hui, 23, a senior in the English department.

The bloodbath ended with the gunman’s suicide, bringing the death toll from two separate shootings — first at a dorm, then in a classroom building — to 33 and stamping the campus in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains with unspeakable tragedy.

Ballistics tests showed one of the guns found was used in both shootings, at the doom and the classroom building, Virginia State Police said.

A federal law enforcement official said Tuesday he had been told by other federal law enforcement officials that the two guns recovered in the shooting had had their serial numbers scraped off. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the information had not been announced.

A law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the information had not been announced, said Cho was carrying a backpack that contained receipts for a March purchase of a Glock 9 mm pistol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts