MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time of year block leave we will be packing all three of us and the 2 dogs in our grand am and looking forward to 15 hours of driving fun.. I am hoping Jester can hook me up with a new password cuz i set the website to remember me and i dont remember my password :oops: :oops: if not i will become a lurker for the next 2 weeks

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Have an awesome trip brother! I used to forget all my passwords, then I figured it out, use the same pasword for every account/forum....haha

Anyway have agreat time with the family Jason!

Kris

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Have fun brother, bring me back a T-Shirt...
Don't forget the dog tied to the bumper, he can only keep so far ya know...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
appreciate the love :oops: :oops: I am leaving with good news after 2 days of mowing my grass in between rainstorms (beat that air force), bn change of command today signing out on block leave..... I got my 2nd range bag today so no more freebies for me I cannot complain though add 2 free mags apprx. 70.00 and 2 free range bags close to 90.00 add that up =160.00 and all I had to do was buy 2 quality guns.... hopefully we wont be hassled by the man for traveling with my firearms (law abiding doing the right thing) of course so enjoy fellas Morgan I dont know about the t-shirt though just visiting family so if I do it will be used :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ummm, you can keep the T-Shirt, it was the thought that counted...
Enjoy the break brother, take a deep breathe, close your eyes and let it out slow... That's called relaxation, practice it and you might become human again.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx fellas i am good on a new password so after 15 hours of driving i will have to check in I dont know if i can last 15 hours without. well worth it and talk at you guys later gotta shut off the computer and unplug...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Two words, Wi-Fi....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have a safe and fun vacation!!!

I am counting down the days for my vacation.. July 24th!!

Going to Camp Jeep this year in Virgina.. As for internet access, I am an IT Geek.. LOL My blackberry hooks up to my laptop and I can have internet access where ever I have a signal.. So when my wife is driving.. I will be surfing the internet while cruising down the interstate.. I just love technology... :twisted:

Ben

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Dang, I'm jealous. Haven't been able to take a vacation for 5 years. The retirement thing keeps getting in the way.

Enjoy, I expect you earned it. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
glennc said:
Have a safe trip, my vacation starts this Friday for 1 week, can't wait.

BTW, you a Screaming Eagle?

Used to be spent one year deployed with 1/502 inf so i guess i am for life huh???

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx guys,

after 16 long hours i am in cheesehead country..... ughhhh but thats o.k. no pt tomorrow :wink: 2 hour traffic jam that started on the highway trough wonderful gary in, and kept going through southside chicago i was really wanting a ccw friggin ghetto... but we are here and can realx for a good long while....

·
Registered
27 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='glennc']Have a safe trip, my vacation starts this Friday for 1 week, can't wait.

BTW, you a Screaming Eagle?

Used to be spent one year deployed with 1/502 inf so i guess i am for life huh???[/quote]

My brother was deployed for one year too with 2/327 inf '71. Combat Medic.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
327 huh "bastogne" a combat medic during vietnam wow i bet he was busy....

·
Registered
27 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
327 huh "bastogne" a combat medic during vietnam wow i bet he was busy....
Busy?...He's got a chest full of medals and ribbins, 2 bronze star w/v, couple air medals, Combat M edic Badge, etc. But unfortunately he also got "PTSD" which he is getting disability compensation from the VA.

he said his unit moved around to different FB's besides Bastogne, Birmingham, Veghel, patrolling the A Shau Valley, their main base camp was Camp Eagle.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unfortanetly PTSD is very common for troops coming home from Iraq my father was diagnosed with PTSD after vietnam, i am having ptsd like symptoms the way we got treated after our return was they would dish out anti depressants and sleeping pills like they were candy and punish the guys for trying to do the same for a friend what mental health was doing to them gotta love the system....

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I will be honest, I see a counselor once a week, but I refused the meds... I have enough meds with the back surgery to knock a horse over. If you're having issues, you need to see someone now, it doesn't get better time. Trust me, the counseling does help, but I am not to fond of the methods, but I have learned I can deal with issues, so I dont beat my cat every time something sets me off at the house. I know this sounds real odd, but the reason I started buying guns last December was for my own type of therapy. I honestly have worked through more issues at the range than with any counselor on the couch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
unfortanetly PTSD is very common for troops coming home from Iraq my father was diagnosed with PTSD after vietnam, i am having ptsd like symptoms the way we got treated after our return was they would dish out anti depressants and sleeping pills like they were candy and punish the guys for trying to do the same for a friend what mental health was doing to them gotta love the system....
Yea I know it would happen to our troops returning from Iraq, my psychiatrist started again treating PTSD patients from Iraq out at the base hospital. I belong to our local American Legion and we visit the base hospital to thank the troops for their service. , they welcome us but It can get emotional.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
glennc said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']unfortanetly PTSD is very common for troops coming home from Iraq my father was diagnosed with PTSD after vietnam, i am having ptsd like symptoms the way we got treated after our return was they would dish out anti depressants and sleeping pills like they were candy and punish the guys for trying to do the same for a friend what mental health was doing to them gotta love the system....
Yea I know it would happen to our troops returning from Iraq, my psychiatrist started again treating PTSD patients from Iraq out at the base hospital. I belong to our local American Legion and we visit the base hospital to thank the troops for their service. , they welcome us but It can get emotional.[/quote]

Well thank you for all you do...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts