MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling up some files for work today and noticed I have this file on my laptop. I can't delete it and I don't like that. Can someone help me figure out what this is and how to get rid of it. I did a search and the internet said it was a worm which I don't want on my computer.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
That's a virtual basic component, don't mess with it!

vb=virtual basic

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ToddG said:

lol

Anyone who has Peerguardian would know all the different packets windows sends out...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got money that says I'd have more problems with a mac than my old PCs. one mouse button, safari, OS X. Plus I don't want to find out what it costs to pay someone who was officially licensed by Macintosh to look at my computer. Lastly I can't afford one right now. This computer needs to last me another 6 months and it's done it's job for less than $50 a month.

Well I downloaded a freeware version of norton 360 and scanned it twice and it didn't find much. I guess I'm ok.

·
Registered
372 Posts
vbzip.dll is the library that allows Windows to open and create zip files as a native component and not have to use WinZip or another archive utility. It can be called from Visual Basic or simply loaded as a registered service.

MI_Jester

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
.pdf files are Adobe Portable Document Format files, portable documents that can be read on your computer with the Acrobat Reader, you probably have the reader on your computer, and if you don't, the program to read them is easy to obtain and FREE.

More info: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/adobepdf.html

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
ToddG said:
[quote name='tstrenuous10']don't think so. Haven't found out a way to do that on vista

That's the beauty of Vista. By preventing you from doing anything, you can't make a mistake![/quote]

I hate vista!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hidden files in Vista

Jester said:
[quote name='ToddG'][quote name='tstrenuous10']don't think so. Haven't found out a way to do that on vista

That's the beauty of Vista. By preventing you from doing anything, you can't make a mistake![/quote]

I hate vista!!!![/quote]

Go to "Windows Explorer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab" to change and see hidden files

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grimwulff said:
[quote name='ToddG']

lol

Anyone who has Peerguardian would know all the different packets windows sends out...[/quote]

the new one of these has me laughing. Talking about downgrading to xp. I laughed cuz I hear people hating vista and radio stations advertising "$99 to get xp if you have vista"

·
Registered
69 Posts
PC's are actually quite superior to mac's, but do require more computer knowledge to successfully run them without problems. Mac's are ok, but I've grown up writing DOS programs and building PC's, so I'll never switch

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bravo said:
PC's are actually quite superior to mac's, but do require more computer knowledge to successfully run them without problems. Mac's are ok, but I've grown up writing DOS programs and building PC's, so I'll never switch

PCs might require more knowledge at idle, but jsut wait until a mac starts doing something it's not supposed to be doing. Putting it right is a HUGE pain in the ass. (OS X is easier than OS 9, but dang, they still go out of their way to obscure a bunch of stuff beyond belief, which is fine unless you NEED to get to it to do what you want.)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree. For the most part, Mac's usually don't go wrong. A professor of mine was using an IMac to show a presentation to a class. It completely froze. When asked what he should do, a Computer Engineering student responded with, "Throw it out the window". Apparently he wasn't a Mac fan either...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts