MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently have a buddy's Compact 2.0 gun as I'm thinking about buying it from him. However, it has an extremely gritty trigger. He did install the Apex spring kit, but I can't imagine that would lead to this. With the slide off, the trigger is fine. But once the slide is installed, the grittiness hits about midway. I own a 1.0 with apex spring kit and that trigger is perfect with no grit.
Any ideas what may be causing this? I'm OK with purchasing and replacing a part or two but don't know where to start. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I dug into the issue a bit more. I swapped out the striker assembly from another M&P and that didn't change anything, so I'm guessing it has to be coming from the striker block or striker block spring right?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The striker block is the likely culprit. I always remove the striker block plunger from every M&P that I own as a first order of business, and round the edges. If you don't know how to do that you may just want to buy this part and be done with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The striker block is the likely culprit. I always remove the striker block plunger from every M&P that I own as a first order of business, and round the edges. If you don't know how to do that you may just want to buy this part and be done with it.

It has the Apex kit installed, which includes the striker block and spring. That's what is odd about this. When pushing the block it does feel "sticky" so it has to be coming from that. Since it has a nice shiny striker block I'm guessing the striker block channel needs some polishing. I'll look at it again after work today.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I Dremel polished (felt & paste only, no stones) the Sear release Bar on the trigger assy & the Striker release Button (under the Rear Sight assy, be careful with the little cap & Spring under the slide) on the Slide and it smoothed mine right up. Sear Release.jpg trigger.jpg Striker Block.jpg Rear Sight.jpg

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It has the Apex kit installed, which includes the striker block and spring. That's what is odd about this. When pushing the block it does feel "sticky" so it has to be coming from that. Since it has a nice shiny striker block I'm guessing the striker block channel needs some polishing. I'll look at it again after work today.
It sounds like you’ve found the likely culprit; but check out the part of the trigger bar that pushes up against the striker block while you’re at it.

I’ve never had one that the Apex striker block didn’t take care of.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Take a very fine whetstone and polish the angled edge of the trigger bar that pushes the striker block up.
It helped my fullsize 1.0 and my 2.0 9 Compact.
Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do the above plus take some very fine emery paper, roll it into a cylinder and spin it while running it up and down inside the striker block hole/channel. My 2.0 Compact has a horribly gritty trigger and my Shield a moderately bad one. Felt & paste Dremel polishing the aforementioned parts to a mirror finish fixed the problem completely I both. It is now ice smooth. I just got a PC Pro Series CORE that has a bit of grit and
It is getting the same treatment, it has always made a night and day improvement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. I did a little polishing and it helped quite a bit and then I reached out to Apex and they sent in another striker block spring and that cleaned up most of what was left! I think a few more hundred rounds and lots of dry fire will get it to be perfect. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts