MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tiribulis, the whole time I was thinking you were doing a trigger job on a 1.0, not a 2.0. The 2.0 trigger is the best trigger S&W has ever made for the M&P. The 1.0 is the one with a horrible gritty trigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tiribulis, the whole time I was thinking you were doing a trigger job on a 1.0, not a 2.0. The 2.0 trigger is the best trigger S&W has ever made for the M&P. The 1.0 is the one with a horrible gritty trigger.
Oh shoot. Sorry about that :(

I know the 2.0 trigger is vastly better than the first generation, but it still did have some grittiness to it.

I myself didn't realize that this thread was about the 1.0.

·
Registered
54 Posts

The op said it in his first post. Don't ask me how I missed it.

You would think that similar results would be had on the original trigger though. I know lots of other guys have done the same general stuff.

Wadda bonehead I am.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Striker block is usually where the trigger takeup grittiness comes from. Now, if the takeup wasn’t gritty before you worked on it...
Yes, it is.

I just wanted to pop back in here and recognize that I should have just listened to folks who've been at this a lot longer than I have.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Yes, it is.

I just wanted to pop back in here and recognize that I should have just listened to folks who've been at this a lot longer than I have.
Well; there’s nothing wrong with working things out for yourself. BTDT too many times to count myself, and I’d have to say that you’re off to a great start!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts