MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

Turns out hes a NRA instructor. Good on him.

STORY - COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.

Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.

Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.

Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.

Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.

3 shots fired, all 3 hit the bad guy, gun was a glock 23, 40cal with 165g Gold dots

no charges filed agenst shooter, badguy went to prison

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Pretty good vid, but pretty old, they BG was on the floor after the shooting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Post action quarterbacking may not have much value, but I see things done right, and wrong.

(from the extremely limited viewpoint of the video).

Most troubling was the child in the line of fire. Then again, the shooter did dance right

to clear the idiot holding the child.

I did like the way he used to cover on his draw, and his after shoot actions looked good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
CCW holder was brilliant. using the other clerk to cover his draw. The fat cow with the kid was a moron. Why was she just standing there nonplussed while the shitrat was robbing the place. She looked totally unconcerned and didn't care? I mean seriously if I was there, with a kid especially I would've at least moved away from him.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Guess it depends on if he said "Don't Move!" ... Audio would have definitely made it better to understand the events as they unfolded.

I strongly believe every innocent in the video was extremely lucky that the assailant choose to flee rather than open fire.

It goes to show that you never present a firearm unless you are most certainly willing and able to use it.

Judging from the video, during the draw, if the assailant, who was out of frame, did indeed have his gun out and at the ready, if he was WILLING to fire, things may have gone down quite differently, as the CCW didn't shoot until the guy was fleeing for the door.

That's my take on it, for what it's worth, being a total newbie, but the key points are that fortunately, the BG didn't get a round off and no innocents were physically hurt by the CCW.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your right about armchair quarterbacking, but if anything we can watch, learn, examine.

I was just thrilled that the bad guy got a face full of lead (take that JACKASS). The big unknown is the bad guys attention and focus that may have pressed the clerk into action (he was out of the frame). Maybe he was leaning back and looking out the front door/window for cops. Maybe he turned around briefly to see if anyone was behind him. Drawing his weapon covertly could of been a bad thing like that because what if the bad guy never lowered his weapon or turned his attention elsewhere to give him that shot. The bad guy could of come around the desk, seen the clerk holding a handgun, and of been FORCED into a gun fight he wasn't planning on when he barged in. Everyone ducked right before or during the clerks first bullet touching off, either because the bad guy put his gun up, or because they flinched hard from the sound of the first shot touching off.

There is something to be said though for STOPING some undisciplined jackass who's all psyched up on adrenalin from committing a felony who is pointing a gun with his finger on the trigger in two womens' and a little girl's face.

·
Registered
111 Posts
superstar said:
Having the audio really helped decifer what was happening in that incident

I thought "sound track" meant that we'd hear the conversation that was taking place. I started laughing when I clearly heard a slide being racked. Nice

The victim (the CCW holder) did a great job!!! It was certainly tough having to fire around a child sitting on the counter (nice job mom), but still nicely done. The only complaint I have is that there was not a direct head-shot to the perp immediately after the draw!

·
Registered
111 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
This was covered over on glock talk with A LOT of mixed reactions about everything including:

1. bg was running away

2. using coworker as cover to draw gun

3. lady did nothing but get pissy about the gun

4. anything else
Yeah, some good points.

1. Possibily a liability, technically, but I don't fault him. With a gun in hand, the BG could move outside and return fire.

2. That's a tough one. Without standing behind his co-worker, he probably did not have the time to draw and raise his gun before being discovered by the BG. That's a real fine line, and there are some questions about the attention of the BG while the GG was drawing his gun. I can't critisize those actions from what I saw.

3. Yeah, she was an idiot to have left her child in plain view that whole time.

4. The CCW holder did not seem to keep his gun pointed at the BG much, after the BG was outside.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just remember, there are two sides to the argument. Maybe he should have let the BG run away. Should he be in jail because he shot the guy in the back? Should he have brought out his CC with that lady around at all or just given the guy what he wanted? Did he put his coworker at risk by using her as a sheild? Was this a justified shooting?

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=...threadid=644507 is the thread from glocktalk. its 4 pages in case you feel like reading and disagreeing with some people

1 - 13 of 13 Posts