MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Honest to god this video makes me cringe more then any other video clip i've seen on the internet. I involuntarily cover my mouth every time that round goes off.

I don't even know what the right answer to deal with that man is, he broke so many rules to handling a firearm...I'm just at a loss. I just can't fathom that schmuck.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
WTF
................................What a friggin jackazz......This guy should be slapped with a dump stick for every shot fired, plus beat the hell down for damn near killing his buddy/GF

This makes me sick to my stomache.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Videogirl really truely have NO idea how luchy she really was.

I mean ...damn...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
mity2 said:
Videogirl really truely have NO idea how luchy she really was.

I mean ...damn...

It was his son, actualy. I saw the original video when it was posted on YouTube. Listen to the voice, you can tell it is young male.

I'm sorry, but as chooch said, "we are our own worst enemies"... i'm waiting for this video to appear on CNN with the title, "gun ban needed", when it should say, "chlorine in the gene pool needed"

I do know someone that shot through his floor with his Kimber Pro Carry while trying to clean it. Sometimes, God's special children really do shine.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Classic negligent trigger press. It appears he was attempting to decock or mess with the hammer when BANG! This is why we keep the finger off the trigger!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm speechless. For every step we take in trying to get people to understand responsible gun ownership idiots like this make it easy to take a huge leap back. Some people should be banned from owning guns!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='Omally']...Some people should be banned from owning guns!

And who do you propose to make that decision?[/quote]

Doesn't the FBI currently handle that? When they call in the purchase of the weapon, it is to the FBI and they say yes/no, correct? As I understand it, the agencies work in this way:

Homeland/USA: FBI and DoD

Foreign: CIA and NSA

Albeit, the CIA does do some work in the US, but only when it involves foreigners. That is all tmk...

I was looking at applying for the NSA and working as a cryptographer, as I specialized in number theory, but I'm still very undecided.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
But what about the people that can legally own a gun?

Are they not allowed to own a gun just because they are ignorant about them?

·
Registered
101 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
But what about the people that can legally own a gun?

Are they not allowed to own a gun just because they are ignorant about them?

Well if you really want to talk about this, that's cool. I think it's an important subject. You can't drive a car or fly a plane without proving you can responsibly operate those things, right? You can't perform surgery without going through training and certifying that you know what you're doing. Is it so much of a stretch to decide people should have to prove that they can be responsible with a firearm before they can own one?

Read some of my posts. I think you'll find I'm as much a champion of the 2nd Amendment as anybody here. I'm not for banning any gun, but I don't want to have a knee-jerk reaction to any kind of regulation just because it's "regulation". The fact is, guys like this retard in the video or those two cops in OK that tried to shoot a snake are just fuel for the anti-gun fire. Now they're in the minority, and as long as they are then I'm darn well gonna err on the side of broader gun rights, not unnecessary regulation. But just for argument's sake, I'm not sure I'd be against certifying that I can safely own a gun, and if fail to do that, then why should I be able to own one?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think question is that in some states gun is too easy to own.

Now I don't want to say that someone should dicide who can own and who can't(Eventho this guy with ND cleary needed that), because that violation of 2nd amendment. But rather make it such so that at least proper trainings are provided before one can buy one.

Never mind waiting period. I say safety course required before the perchose of guns.

I don't think thats too unreasonable..

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Omally said:
...You can't drive a car or fly a plane without proving you can responsibly operate those things, right? You can't perform surgery without going through training and certifying that you know what you're doing...
You are trying to compare apples to amoebas. It doesn't work that way.

Our right to own a firearm is guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. These instances you refer to are merely privileges that are earned.

Omally said:
...Is it so much of a stretch to decide people should have to prove that they can be responsible with a firearm before they can own one?
Yes.

Do you have to prove that you are responsible enough to speak freely?

Do you have to prove that you are responsible enough to vote?

Omally said:
...two cops in OK that tried to shoot a snake...
They had to prove they were proficient with a firearm. How far into training must we go???

(There has been so much **** stirred up around here lately; I figured why not start some!!! :wink: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grimwulff said:
mity2 said:
I do know someone that shot through his floor with his Kimber Pro Carry while trying to clean it. Sometimes, God's special children really do shine.

I've never understood how you "clean" a loaded gun. It's hard to swab out the barrel with a bullet in the chamber.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
:twisted:

(There has been so much shiz stirred up around here lately; I figured why not start some!!! :wink: )[/quote]

·
Registered
660 Posts
What is wrong with some people...this guy needs to stop speed firing and get back to the basics of handling a firearm. Imagine if he had killed his son. It's videos like that which make people think we are all gun "nuts".

1 - 20 of 58 Posts