MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to try VihtaVuory powders for the first time and will be using it to load 9mm and maybe .44mag (I’ve used a number of Hogdon, Aliant and IMR powders already)…

I was wondering between 3N37, N350, N340 which powder produces the largest muzzle flash?

Aare they grain or flake powder? Also do they measure consistently thu something like LEE auto disk? And are they clean burning?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Like the powders alot. Use mostly the 310 and the 320. Burns clean. Extruded powder but meters decent depending on the equipment - never used Lee equipment, though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I won't be getting N340, so it's between N350 and 3N37.

I can only get them in 4lbs containers, so I will have to 'sattle' for just one for now? which one should I get for 9mm?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have used VV N320 for both 9MM and .40 cal. I am currently using N340. for both. 320 and 340 feed well in my Lee Pro 1000 system. Max variation I have detected with the standard disks is .1gr. Lee's adjustable powder measure does not work well (consistantly) below 5.5gr.

I am very happy with Vhita Vuori powders.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I forgot the Flash question.

I have not fired in the dark so can't realy answer for night conditions but have yet to see any flame when shooting. I have fired in excess of 8000 rounds of 340.

Good luck and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts