MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides their full time job – some people volunteer for other things.

Red Cross, Fire Rescue, Helping the sick or elderly or maybe Police Auxiliary Reserve Officers.

All are very worthwhile and help the community.

I am a Police Auxiliary Officer. It’s my way of helping my community, full time officers (backup right there without having to wait for another Police Car to come up). It’s very satisfying for me.

Most times you’d think it boring but still enjoy the company and conversation of the full time officers I ride with. Sometimes very busy (working an accident on the interstate with carstrucks zooming by). Maybe a call for a domestic problem, shop lifter, fight, robbery or possibly respond to a shooting or several other situations – Your right there with the full time officer, hisher temporary partner for a few hours.

The ones I ride with really appreciate my being there. Their “Thanks for riding” after each time is a reward in itself.

Today was really really invigorating. Our city has a FATS for a few weeks. Fire Arms Training System.

Computerized Giant Screen projecting almost endless possible “Shoot / Don’t Shoot” type scenarios. Some of which call for pepper spray. The handguns you use and the pepper spray is hooked up to the system. You have to engage the mag & rack a round. When you fire – the gun recycles (via air hose) just about like it would in real life. The pepper spray is also connected to the system via cable of some kind.

It shows when you shoot, where you shot, gives stat’s if good shoot or bad and other information after each scenario. This is one of the “Perks” that come with being a volunteer auxiliary police officer.

Anyway, I know most people already have plenty to do – their job, family, other hobbies etc. – but if you have the time and want to do something really rewarding – I recommend checking into local PD’s to see if they have an auxiliary officer program that you can join. Just thought I’d share my feelings with you folks.

Do something – or don’t but whatever you do – stay safe, watch out for your family and God Bless you all….

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
I think all he is asking, is do your part; in which most of us are... Great topic.

Whoops, misread the title and thought he was asking what people here do to volunteer.... Will edit post now

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both, really. If you already do volunteer stuff I'd like to hear about it and if you don't - I encourage you think about doing something.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Been a responding member for my County's EMA for almost ten years. We more or less act as the Sheriff's axillary at the same time - our County's pretty lean. We're not armed, as befits the EM mission.

·
Registered
207 Posts
...... so we ARE posting what we do to volunteer then.....

Recently joined the Civil Air Patrol as a Pilot and Instructor. The CAP does alot of homeland security stuff, search and rescue, drug inter diction and stuff like that. Seems like a nice place to volunteer for me.

http://www.cap.gov/

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
TexanAviator said:
...... so we ARE posting what we do to volunteer then.....

Recently joined the Civil Air Patrol as a Pilot and Instructor. The CAP does alot of homeland security stuff, search and rescue, drug inter diction and stuff like that. Seems like a nice place to volunteer for me.

That's awesome, don't forget CAP has the Billy Mitchell award that will honored at any military recruiter for advancement in rank, similar to the Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout) award...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
207 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='TexanAviator']...... so we ARE posting what we do to volunteer then.....

That's awesome, don't forget CAP has the Billy Mitchell award that will honored at any military recruiter for advancement in rank, similar to the Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout) award...[/quote]

I gave the military their chance to pick me up as a pilot. Got a bit discouraged about it when I got nothing but recruiters trying to sign me up for other jobs. In the end I went the commercial route on my own. Would have been nice to fly for my country, but just didnt work out that way. I guess this is the closest I can get now that I have my own career lined up.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
TexanAviator said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker'][quote name='TexanAviator']...... so we ARE posting what we do to volunteer then.....

That's awesome, don't forget CAP has the Billy Mitchell award that will honored at any military recruiter for advancement in rank, similar to the Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout) award...[/quote]

I gave the military their chance to pick me up as a pilot. Got a bit discouraged about it when I got nothing but recruiters trying to sign me up for other jobs. In the end I went the commercial route on my own. Would have been nice to fly for my country, but just didnt work out that way. I guess this is the closest I can get now that I have my own career lined up.

[/quote]

I appreciate you making a difference in some kids life in the CAP, who knows he may grow up to be the next American ace, thanks to your guidance. Also for taking the time to volunteer your free time to make a safer America for you and me...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
207 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='TexanAviator'][quote name='Morgan Walker'][quote name='TexanAviator']...... so we ARE posting what we do to volunteer then.....

[/quote]

I appreciate you making a difference in some kids life in the CAP, who knows he may grow up to be the next American ace, thanks to your guidance. Also for taking the time to volunteer your free time to make a safer America for you and me...[/quote]

Well thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts