MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm set on buying either the M&P 40 or the M&P 9 (can't make up my freaking mind), but I am a little concerned about some of the issues people have been reporting--particularly the issue with the magazine falling out. Would it make sense to wait a few months and see if S&W works out any remaining kinks or do these things typically take longer for the manufacturer to resolve? Are there any issues with the M&Ps that are considered design flaws, or are they just manufacture/assembly mishaps? How long does it take until a gun model is considered well seasoned?

I've waited almost 37 years to buy a gun, so I can probably live without one for a few more months. Also, I'm a newb, so let me know if all semi-autos have these kind of issues and/or if I'm making them out to be larger than they really are.

Once again, I've asked a lot of questions...thanks to all for answers (and for your patience too)!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
IMO,

the mag drop issue has been taken care of and if you are unlucky then all it will take is a call to S&W and they will pay for the shipping then fix it for you. I am not a live in the now kind of guy but you never know with firearms + how many shootings already this year everytime a gun goes up in price a leftie gets a boner. There are some real good prices on M&P's right now if you decide to buy in a month and they cost $50.00 more you might want to use the first round to shoot yourself in the foot for waiting. if its a good deal and you plan on getting one anyway jump now or who knows a month from now you might change your mind altogether.good luck and keep us posted-Jason

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Mag Drop?

101 is correct;the problem is not a continuing one. I have 9mm Full Size s/n MPH and have never had this problem.Don't procrastinate.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Just remember this simple fact, the vast majority of us have had no problems at all! An owner who has a problem will be quick to post it and ask for advice, but the majority of us that haven't had a problem don't clog the boards up with "mine is perfect" messages!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Buy one now, and in another few months... buy another.

Don't forget to buy a couple of 'em in between too. :wink: These guns are awesome - plain and simple. Wouldn't trade mine for anything. Oh, except for that one that I had that I never shot that I traded... but other than that one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Why wait? This is a great pistol, and a couple of months of waiting is not going to change that or make some significant improvement. Like 101CombatVet said, you should get one now and if in the unlikely event that there is an issue, S&W will cover the charges to fix it without fail.

BTW - My M&P9c has been PERFECT!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in your shoes a couple months ago. I ended up with the .40 because I feel it has a little better stopping power, being that it my home defense gun. If I could do it again I'd probably get the 9mm. I've been going to the range a lot and it is expensive. Check the price difference in the two calibers of ammo, determine how much shooting you'll be doing and what your willing to spend. The cost of ammo inspired me to get a 22lr to take to the range too.

·
Registered
512 Posts
ken851 said:
Buy one now, buy another one a few months later. Dilema solved...

Best advice I have heard all day. I have to agree with everyone, they are great handguns and you wont regret it at all.

·
Registered
541 Posts
And I doubt they'll be getting any cheaper in a few months.................

Along the line of buying one now, then another later, hmm, I might just have to follow that sound thinking. I figure a .45 would be in order.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've read few thread regarding mag dropping out. And I have NEVER had an issue with that.

Is it isorated to 40 probrem or 9mm as well?

Either way, stop wondering, and go get one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts