MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased one a few days ago based on what I've read about this pistol. It will arrive in a a few days via USPS. I'd never even seen one of these until today, when I went to a local shop and held a full size M&P. I've got to say that the ergonomics are just great! And I thought the trigger was really nice, too. Overall, it felt like a really solidly built pistol.

I kind of wish I had ordered the one with the mag safety, as then I could just disconect it and not have that ridiculous warning on the side. Does anyone know whether this writing can be removed or covered without messing up the finish on the slide?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Congrats on your M&P.

As far as the writting I had the same question ahwhile back about the same thing. truth be told, you dont even notice it much after awhile, after all its just a warning. Just MHO.

Again congrats on your new toy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was quite happy when I was looking at the gun shop and the M&P40c I picked out didn't have that silly writing on the side (it does not have the magazine disconnect). Did they not put that on the 40c's? Every 9c I've seen without a disconnect has it....

My 40 full sized does have the magazine disconnect. how do you disable it? I've compared the two, and it seems you need to take the whole thing apart to remove the lever. Is that an easy thing to do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
YukonGlocker - thanks for the link! It looks as easy as I thought it would be. I'd be a bit worried about voiding a warranty, though. Need to keep the parts to replace them if it ever needs service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts