MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in New Haven, Conn I still pick up WWB value 40 S&W at walmart. $21.88 plus tax a box. all the stores branford, west haven, milford all have decent amount of stock. The New Haven, Conn. store does not carry ammo on an agreement with the city. The other gun stores around this area tend to be $6 and up more a box. Anybody see any other stores beating Walmarts price?

·
Registered
370 Posts
WalMart is the cheapest I've found. I wish they had a bigger selection of brands and bullet grains.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Outdoor marksman offered better prices on Blazer until Todd bought it all and they increased their prices.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I haven't found anything around here cheaper for range ammo than walmart. I think its funny that new haven made and agreement with Walmart not to sell ammo....obviously thats had a huge impact in the crime in that area...while you can't beat walmart for range ammo I would say online is the best place for SD ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Haven

City of New Haven really didn't want Kmart when it was in that location to have Guns and Ammo as crime in that part of town was at an all time high. So when Walmart wanted to go in there city officals stated they wanted Walmart as long as no firearms or Ammo. I go in the site once in a while for Photos and thats about it since i am a half mile from there other shopping i either go to branford or the new one in west haven

·
Registered
660 Posts
Re: New Haven

TonyLuz said:
City of New Haven really didn't want Kmart when it was in that location to have Guns and Ammo as crime in that part of town was at an all time high. So when Walmart wanted to go in there city officals stated they wanted Walmart as long as no firearms or Ammo. I go in the site once in a while for Photos and thats about it since i am a half mile from there other shopping i either go to branford or the new one in west haven

Yeah what a great idea by the city of New Haven. It was crazy how many people were robbed coming out of that K-mart. I didn't go there after dark and I carry! I think its gotten better since they closed some of the projects down in that area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Natchez has 180gr umc for $10.49/50 box

Yeah, but when you figure in the shipping it's still more expensive. I have gone to several gun shows in this area, and the only practice ammo I have seen that's less expensive than Wally World is some of the reloaded ammo (and I won't touch that).

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I will only shoot Federal American Eagle, WWB, or Blazer so when I'm checking prices I'm looking for something specific. No S&B, Fiocchi, UMC, Wolf, or reloads, for me. I've found that Walmart's prices can be be beat under certain circumstances. Vendors that stock large inventories such as Outdoor Marksman will sell their ammo marked up a certain percentage from what they paid for it. Their prices will not increase until they have to re-stock themselves. Walmart's retail prices more closely follow the industry's going rate (within about a month's time). So when Walmart's prices reflect a recent increase, you can still often find places like Outdoor Marksman selling ammo like Blazer at "old" prices. Even with shipping, it is cheaper than WWB at Walmart and the biggest savings are in the large quantities of at least 1000 rounds, but especially when it's 2000 rounds or more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your point is well taken. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to take advantage of the large quantity discounts such as you describe. Around here, at least, WWB at WM seems to be about the best value for smaller quantities of ammo when factoring in sales taxes or shipping, but I continue to keep my eyes open for good deals.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
.45 Blazer Brass at Wal-Mart is $11.97. Not especially convenient though in that I have to hunt up someone to open up the ammo cabinet every time. So I generally buy everything they have on hand. I'll have to see if they can order cases.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The local walmart here in TN just increased their 50 round boxes of Blazer Brass .40cal from $9.97 to $12.97, that hurt so I didn't even look to see what the $14.97 for 50 round boxes of WWB went up to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't suppose I could convince you fine gentleman shooting factory 9mm/.40 to send me your spent brass via USPS flat rate box could I? Seriously - maybe we could workout something in trade.... hmmmm.... what could I possibly offer people who like to fire guns...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: New Haven

Fire1 said:
[quote name='TonyLuz']City of New Haven really didn't want Kmart when it was in that location to have Guns and Ammo as crime in that part of town was at an all time high. So when Walmart wanted to go in there city officals stated they wanted Walmart as long as no firearms or Ammo. I go in the site once in a while for Photos and thats about it since i am a half mile from there other shopping i either go to branford or the new one in west haven

Yeah what a great idea by the city of New Haven. It was crazy how many people were robbed coming out of that K-mart. I didn't go there after dark and I carry! I think its gotten better since they closed some of the projects down in that area.[/quote]

What?? I worked at that K-Mart for 2 yrs and never heard about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts