MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting this as a .22 plinker. I want to be able to practice/improve my shooting skills and not break the bank. I like the looks and feel of it, and it is easy to shoot. I don't need a target gun necessarily, and I think it would make a fine varmit pistol and if everything else fails BUG.

Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences to share?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've only shot one, and it would jam at least once per mag, lots of stovepipes. I have heard that they are really picky about ammo

·
Registered
138 Posts
Agreed.. I have shot the P22, and it is fun, but jams alot.. I would not buy a walther if I were you. A good ol' Ruger MK. III will serve you fine, or a Browning Buckmark will make you happier.

Raymond

·
Registered
361 Posts
The early versions were prone to jamming, the later versions are supposed to be alot better. I'll let you know here in about 2 months when I pick mine up. I got one on lay-away. Supposed to be coming with the factory laser.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Walther P22

I have one and love it. I buy the Federal bulk 22lr from Wally World and shoot all day with few problems (1 or 2 per day, not sure if gun or cheap ammo). Just for the record, my is the 3 inch CA version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own the 3" Cali version and can tell you that it is very picky about the ammo that goes through it. I only shoot CCI Minimags and have great success. It doesnt like to be really dirty either. 300 rounds plus through it and you might start to experience some difficulties. I like the pistol alot but am about to sell it. For me its kind of a pain to put back together. They provide you with a plastic rod that you have to insert into the front of the pistol through the hole for the guide rod. The guide rod is metal but just sits in there with no support really, until the rod is inserted throught the hole in the spring and you can then push the slide all the way back and down to finish the reassembly. :roll: But overall a fun gun to play with......I'll take my M&P any day, even if it is more $$ to shoot!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up a Walther P22 at the local gunshow today. Took it home and shot about 150 rounds through it. Used CCI Stingers and 550 box of Federal. Not one problem besides being new and needing the kinks worked out. Fun little gun. Got a Don Hume IWB holster for it too. Price out the door was $290.

I think I may need a another holster though; my gun belt is at the last hole and fits my M&P in a C-TAC (4:00)pretty snuggly, and the most comfortable way to carry the P22 is to put it at about 10:30 like a crossdraw. I have my extra mag and flashlight at 8:00.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've put a bunch of rounds through my P22 and haven't had any jams,stove pipes or any other problems. It's a nice little plinker . Actually, I was going to try it out in my Bullseye league.

I put a Pro-point red dot sight on it.-- We'll see what happens.

L.R. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also have a p22, with about 1000 rounds, with only one stove pipe. thats using cheap federal high velocity. I have heard that there is alot of problems with stanard velocity or real cheap ammo. Over all it is a fun little gun, but we will see with more rounds. I would also like to get the reddot, I think that would be a fun little plinker.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a P22 with a Tac52 suppressor(silencer, can, whatever-you-wanna-call-it) on it. Funnest gun I own by far. Will be even more fun once my 5" target barrel comes in and I put it on, and the red dot scope. I have had like 1 failure to feed in about 1,000 rounds through it.

My only complaints is it is innacurate as hell - hoping the 5" barrel will clean up the groups - and it's a pain to put back together.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have had a lot of fun with my P22. I have had no problems with it either. I have about 500 rouonds through it.

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts