MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If I am lucky I will get my wife to agree to a new pistol. I am focusing on something small for CCW. I am looking at the M&Pc, as I own a full size 9 and love it. I also like the fact that the two free magazine promotion is back on again.

I have not seen a PPS yet, but all my research indicates that it will be smaller and easier to conceal. It also holds half the ammo, but do I really need 12 rounds in a CCW, not to mention the additional weight those additional 6 rounds weigh?

I assume quality will be consistent, although the PPS is brand new and will most likely have some bugs to work out.

Does anyone have any experience with the PPS.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i checked out the pps when i was at the local gun shop last week.

it's thin. would be pretty good for CCW. however...

i assure you the M&P will be more comfortable in your hand. i have no problem whatsoever concealing my M&P, so "thinner" shouldnt be the only winning point.

less ammo... M&P, i dont carry spare mags. PPS... you'd almost want to.

bottom line, i'm sure the Walther is a good pistol. I'd bet on it, actually. but i cant see anyone convincing me that it's better than the M&P.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a P99 compact and have looked at the PPS. It is the exact size of the P99 comapct in length and width, it's just the thickness that is the difference. And, I didn't think that tiny bit of thickness would make any difference when carrying it.

Also, I find the grip not that comfortable to hold, based on the thickness.

I obviously prefer my P99 and P99c to the M&P - but if you really like your M&P, I'd get the M&P compact over the PPS, if I were you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
well...

I have a PPS and a full size M&P 9... The grip on the PPS is much slimmer, but not unmanageable. I held a Keltec PF9 after I got the PPS and I'm glad I didn't fall into one of those compacts. Some really like them, but I'll take a pass on 'em.

The PPS is very accurate out to 20-25'. I didn't see much point in going out any further, but I'm sure if I can aim the PPS on target, it will hit it.

Low recoil, even with +P ammo. Double-taps were surprisingly closely bunched, even out to 20'.

Went through 300 rounds of WWB, one FTE early on. None later.

The slide failed to lock back on the empty mag a few times. I think my strong hand thumb was riding the slide release, so I adjusted my grip to drop the thumb and so far, so good.

I'm not crazy about the location of the trigger safety. It was rough on the finger pad after 200 rds. Maybe I'm not supposed to shoot so many in a row!

FWIW, the performance was quite good with WWB and 124gr +P ammo. I can't wait to get to an outdoor range and try longer shots on some steels!

I'm still looking for a comfortable holster, there are not any model specific ones I know of, but the HK P2000 mold seems to be close enough to work. The shell for it fits pretty tight on my Comp-Tac IWB holster...

hth!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts