MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With shotgun Joe in office are you guys registering your new firearms with the manufacturer for their warranty or do you fear it might lead to future confiscation. Just curious. I am sure we are all on some government list because of NIC'S checks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't.

Some companies only offer a warranty to the original owner. If I buy a gun and hate it and I registered it with the manufacturer, a buyer with a brain will know there is no warranty and offer less money.

I don't sell many guns but why screw myself if I decide to sell one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I always do, my state requires " background check" for each firearm which is actually a registry of firearms. So the government already knows what people have and where to go to confiscate it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you do the warranty registration you should get a notice if there is a recall. That is why I do it. Also, once in a while in the past, manufacturers would have some nice free offers but you had to register to get the stuff. I got 2 free mags "and a bag" from SIG once. The bag was too tiny to be any good for me, but the free magazines were greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Haven't bought anything, new or used, since before the big lockdown, but yeah, I register. With as many firearms as there are in the country, it would take an army of bureaucrats a while to sift thru any/all records. More than enough time to take the infamous "boat ride."

·
Registered
2 Posts
With shotgun Joe in office are you guys registering your new firearms with the manufacturer for their warranty or do you fear it might lead to future confiscation. Just curious. I am sure we are all on some government list because of NIC'S checks.
They have all your info when you filled out the 4473 form.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe S&W will fix your gun for free if it wasn't abused no matter when you bought it; new or used. They probably will charge you if you fill it with aftermarket parts or alter any factory parts. I bought a used S&W M&P40c 1.0 from GunBroker and called S&W to get a smaller grip insert and they sent me one for free. S&W will do you right. IMO

·
Registered
557 Posts
I believe S&W will fix your gun for free if it wasn't abused no matter when you bought it; new or used. They probably will charge you if you fill it with aftermarket parts or alter any factory parts. I bought a used S&W M&P40c 1.0 from GunBroker and called S&W to get a smaller grip insert and they sent me one for free. S&W will do you right. IMO
Nope

This is the first paragraph.

WARRANTY

LIMITED WARRANTY

For Owners Within The United States.
This warranty is granted by Smith & Wesson Inc. This warranty is effective from the date of purchase and applies to the original owner of any firearm. With respect to such firearms, this warranty supersedes any and all other warranties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts