MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my striker just sheared off at the shoulder that retains the spring cups. I'll have to call S&W tomorrow. But I know of at least 3 others with this issue.

Chime in with any issues you have had for posterity.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 50 rounds of actual ammo. About 1000 "rounds" of dryfire between practice and breaking in the trigger.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought a SW40ve and SW9ve.

had 500 rounds and lots of dry firing through the 40ve then the striker snapped where spring cups rest.

40ve striker

2 weeks later I get the gun back put 100 rounds through it.

last week I put 50 rounds through it the pin that holds the trigger/trigger spring/locking block and slide stop snapped in half. gun continued to fire fine though reseting the slide after empty mag required little more work.

went and bought a 9ve got 200 rounds through it and was dry firing it then the striker breaks right in the same spot. good amount of anger and frustration over it. another 2 weeks and get it back so far havent put any ammo through it.

9ve striker

from what I have seen the M&P has a similar striker.

love the ergonomics and like the trigger to be 7-8lbs and long because it allows me to improve my shooting skills.

on my 40ve had the trigger pin walk out on recoil. also had the pin sitting in the middle of the trigger walk. usually locktite helps.

if you break a striker they wont you ship you a striker unless your an armorer so you have to send the gun in and wait 2-3 weeks atleast to get it back.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got my pistol back from S&W. They included a spare stiker, a spare grip strap retainer/tool thing, a new chamber flag, and a new magazine.

Turn around time was about 10 business days from me shipping it out to me getting it back.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As a general consumer... no.

From the perspecticve of a competitive shooter. Yeah I can. A bit anyway.

Since they wouldn't sell me a spare striker, int heory because it needs to be fit/finished for the particular pistol, I had to send it in instead of being mailed a striker.

They included a spare as requested, but the spare isn't polished where it needs to be.

So why the hell can't I just buy them.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Razo,

I think they may have let up the striker restriction, they let me order 4 yesterday, so you may want to try again in the future. If they give you a hard time let me know, I am going to try to keep a few around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts