MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up your reviews after you recieve the item.

John

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered one of these from the M&P store, and I received it a couple days later (quick turn around time).

I like the site a lot. The rear notch is plenty wide enough to allow the front site (even at .125") enough room to not fill the entire rear notch area. I also like the ability the design of the rear site as it allows the shooter to see MORE of the targets. It does this because the top of the rear site isn't blocky. It is cut out very nicely to be able to see more of everything (I hope this makes sense).

I also like its low profile, which allows these sites to be used on an everyday carry pistol as well as competition pistol.

Looks like I'll be buying more of this design for some of my other pistols.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
rear sight

I have 5 different rear sights amoung my M&Ps

Frst I dislike the stock sight as it has too many round edges and I can't get any kind of good sight picture.

Second I took a stock rear and milled off the serrations and it is not bad at all. better than stock and no extra cost except my time.

Third I have one of Dan's first gen rear sights. a bit of a bear to install with out the "wings" but a vastly improved sight picture over the factory. If you prefer a square notch sight this is a good choice.

Fourth I have a 10-8 sight from Hilton Yam. Very nice sight picture and it is a "U" notch sight easy to install, almost slips in place as it has a small oversized area in the middle of the sight. Maybe the dovetail needs to be a little larger as I think the sight may become too loose if you take it on and off several times. It you install it and leave it alone it should not be a problem.

Fifth I have a Warren rear. also a "U" notch unusual sight picture as the design is that a plain rear draws your attention to the front sight. Where you should be looking anyway.

First I want to say that Hilton Yam and Scott Warren are friends of mine but I don't have any kind of business relationship with them at all.

I prefer "U" notch sights and I have them on most of my 1911's.

As to which sight I prefer I think the 10-8 has the edge past 25 yards and Warren's has the edge on speed 10 yards and in but not by much.

I have shot over a 1000 rounds using each swapping slides so trigger pull would not factor in. I keep track of speed and hits. One day one is better and the next the other gets the nod.

So I really can't decide what I like the best. I guess I will have to shoot more.

my $.02

Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I bought a Warren sight. I feel it was a waste of my money and have already replaced it with a Dawson.

The fit was sloppy loose to the point the set screw doesn't even hold it in place under recoil. (It would take more than some lock tite to set this one up) The quality control appears lax and I am a very dissatisfied customer of Mr Warren. He has my $40 I have POS.

Sorry to be a lone dissenter on this but that is my experience.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
403 Posts
Everyone gets lemon once in a while. Did you contact Warren and give them the chance to set it right? They may have sent the wrong sight or one may have just slipped thought the cracks with the wrong specs. It wouldn't be fair to be so critical if you didn't at least give them a chance to correct it.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one on my sig, and love them.

I'm having a hard time keeping them in stock

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I got mine through the M&P store as well would reccommend this sight to any who are thinking of a new sight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts