MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited to get this rear site and check it out I have not ventured over to the dark side of sites but its time to start. I have heard nothing but good things about this my set-up will eventually be the warren rear and green fiber sites for the front. Does anyone have a set-up similar to this??? If so what do you think?? I will give my lousy but still .02 cents worth later. BTW Josh is the business man of business men I look forward to making deals with him in the future
-Jason

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the Warren sight on the back and the S&W night sight on the front. I like it a lot.

Ron

Just in case you have not seen these pics, enjoy.

The original set up:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the uncontrollable drooling again thanks for the pics... come on usps
:twisted: ..

How does the night sight combo work???

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thanks Jason.

As I mentioned I have Dan Burwell's rear sight on my 9c, and just recently got my M&P45 back from him with the Warren Tactical rear sight installed - tritium night sights on the front of both. Both are 100x's better than the factory Novak sights with those white dots. I wouldn't go back to those if someone paid me.

The Warren is a great sight. I'm very happy with my decision to go with it on the 45. I'm thinking I might swap the tritium front out on it soon for a red fiber optic sight so I have a better daytime sight, but haven't decided yet.

Hope you enjoy the Warren, and we can't wait to hear your lousy $.02.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
repost from SIGforum

Scott's sight design is great. As soon as he makes a night sight for the M&P, I'll have one installed. The design of the sight is unique and benefits from Scott's extensive experience as a top competitive shooter and full-time "SWAT" team member/instructor.

Basically, the sight only has two sharp edges: the left and right top edges of the notch, where you line up the top edge of the front sight. There are no other corners that can distract the eye. People mistakenly refer to it as a "U-notch" but 9mmepiphany's description is much better.

In addition, the sight is contoured so that it obscures less of of what's downrange. In competition, this allows you to get a better sight picture on a target. When dealing with a live target, it means you can see more of whoever you're pointing the gun at and more of what's around him.

These pics are of an early pre-production set I had for my SIGs; I believe there have been some minor design changes since then.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
I am excited to get this rear site and check it out
Are you referring to the pass and review sight or are you planning on buying one?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I was always a big fan of Novak sights on 1911's and like them on M&P's as standard sights compared to what you get on many other pistols (Sig or Glock for example). But Warren tactical sights are great for allowing you to focus on the front sight as you should with minimal distraction from having to line up three dots and a square rear sight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
101, I like your choice of sights! I have the green fiber optic installed and have been waiting on the Warren for sometime now.

Like you, I am getting a little anxious.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
choochboost said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']I am excited to get this rear site and check it out
Are you referring to the pass and review sight or are you planning on buying one?[/quote]

I need to be an owner buddy

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
45guy said:
101, I like your choice of sights! I have the green fiber optic installed and have been waiting on the Warren for sometime now.

Thanks how does it work out for you???

·
Registered
291 Posts
45guy wrote:

Thanks how does it work out for you???

Don't know yet, havn't received the Warren

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Warren rear sight and the red fiber front on my G34. My eyes seem to pick up red faster than the green. My off duty carry gun, a G19, has the same Warren configuration that ront has posted above. I didn't realize how fast this setup was until I went to the Rogers Shooting Academy in June. I recently purchased an M&P 45 with night sights and I'm going to leave it in this configuration as it will be a fighting gun. However, S&W has a few new projects on the horizon that when I get my hands on them, I will put Warrens on them.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
45guy said:
Don't know yet, havn't received the Warren

I was asking about the fiber optic

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love the green fiber optic. I pick it up easily even though it is small. I believe it is .400.

On IDPA size targets, it doesn't cover very much and thus allows for more accurate shot placement.

Yellow shooting glasses will help in picking it up even faster.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I prefer the red fiber optic rod (personal preference).

I have a Warren rear sight and a Speed Shooters Specialties .100" front.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a warren rear and a speed shooter fibe front on one of my m&ps I like it pretty well and it certainly is very fast

Mike

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the input I really appreciate your responses. :wink: Now its just time to wait by the mailbox until she comes.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After a couple blonde moments of installing the rear sight(shut up mr. burwell
) I will be testing her out at the good ole indoor range tomorrow plan on going through about 250 and ever since I sold my 9c I got apprx 175 rounds of 9mm and will rent one of theirs to burn my ammo up. Will update tomorrow and thanks for the input..
8)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Scott Warren shooting Warren Tactical Sights:

I got to see a prototype M&P rear night sight from Warren Tactical earlier this week, and it is awesome. The only thing that kept me from putting it on my pistol was the fact it's a 2-dot rear instead of the 1-dot I'm waiting for. Safe to say, you should be seeing Warren Tactical night sights for the M&P soon!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts