MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide between the m3x or the tlr-1.

The tlr-1 looks like its made out of metal, is watter proof to 1 meter, and is 80 lumens.

The m3x looks like it's not as tuff, but it water proof to 66 feet, and is 120 lumens.

They are both about the same price so that makes them even it that respect.

It's going on a full size m&p 9 and will not see any combat or heavy use I just want a nice light on my pistol. I'm kinda leaning towards the m3x because it's brighter but I wanted to get some more imput. Any info or thoughts would be great thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What kind of warranty does each have? Given the info you listed - whoever had the better one would be who I'd lean towards.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As far as I know the tlr1 comes with a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. I think the m3x comes with a two year warranty. As far as the lumens...I would search here on the forum for other threads on this subject because I remember someone complaining that the m3x was WAY too bright for in home use.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have had and used both the M6x and the TLR2. I know for a fact the TLR series have a lifetime warrenty, don't remember about the Mx series. It is very hard to compare lumen ratings between an incandesant and LED light source. To the human eye the bluish tint of the LED seems brighter. I know that when "I" compare an LED and incadesant light source for "ME" the incandesant cuts through the haze, fog, mist, rain, snow and anything else mother nature dishes out at night. To "me" again, the incandesant light illuminates the details better than the LED. This is just stuff I have figured out for myself by using a flashlight everyday at night in the course of my job duties. To those that say a 120 lumen bulb is too bright indoors I'd say "BS" unless that happen to be shinning it in a mirror to check it out.

The TL series works great indoors and fine outdoors as long as you don't stretch the range. I like the mount of the TLR series better too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
IMO, Go and get the TLR-1... I dont think you can bust a LED bulb even when abused by recoil. On the other hand, Incandesant bulbs (based on my observation) has a longer throw compared to LED (w/ the same Lumens) but has a tendency to bust when dropped or exposed to recoil too much. You wouldnt be shooting some1 50yards away anyway. The TLR's throw/illumination will do just fine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts