MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys while cleaning my gun I am really starting to see some points of contact that are really wearing the metal. I took a pic to show whats up. Now most of them I would suspect to be normal. I made arrows with circles to indicate the most severe.

The only one that has me somewhat worried is the bottom of the barrel seems to be getting the metal built up, like striking a piece of metal gets that brittel lip formed. I took a file and cut it away bit seems that is not very good to have that kind of excess metal forming. It looks like a line in the pic but it actually had a little lip of folded over metal that was forming.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The wear on your rails, takedown lever, and slide catch lever is all normal. I'd be the barrel is just wearing in, too, and shouldn't cause a problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToddG said:
The wear on your rails, takedown lever, and slide catch lever is all normal. I'd be the barrel is just wearing in, too, and shouldn't cause a problem.

OK figured it was pretty normal since those are the contact points when going thru the motions. Ill keep an eye on teh barrel and see how it goes from here on out. This is after about 2500 rounds (just for reference)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Mine is at about 19,000 and has pretty much the same wear marks. Remember the simple rule of proper firearms lubrication: if it's shiny, lube it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToddG said:
Mine is at about 19,000 and has pretty much the same wear marks. Remember the simple rule of proper firearms lubrication: if it's shiny, lube it.

Nice 19k, so I guess they are dependible (LOL)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
When I sent my M&P in to have the slide lock worked on, I mentioned the barrel which looked like it had been beat on with a hammer. They replaced it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts