MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting Remington UMC ammo (230gr) through my working 45 M&P and I have a question for ya'll b/c i've never seen this happen...

First shot didn't have the flame travel after the bullet, but DID shoot some spark out of the top of the slide when the round ejected. I was like, "WTF", so I pulled the slide back and smoke just started pouring out of the gun for about 5 seconds. Making sure everything was 'a-ok' I field stripped it and checked everything before re-assemblying and firing off the other 49 bullets.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Muzzle flash or lack of it is not generally an indicator of anything as it may vary from round to round.

Did you look at the casing?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
choochboost said:
Muzzle flash or lack of it is not generally an indicator of anything as it may vary from round to round.

Did you look at the casing?

I couldn't find it. We were video taping me shooting, but Monica was focusing in on the green man when that shot went off (so when I post the video, you'll also see a reason why it would be hard to find it). When I field stripped it, the bullet below it had... well, I guess the easy way to describe it, was a small patch of what looked like alluminum shining through the brass. It had the kinda shiny appearence to it. The side that it had it on was the one directly beneath the loaded round, so it must have caught something fierce off of the initial fire.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hm...not sure about the scrape, but I've had a primer back out on firing in my SKS that caused the thing to smoke like mad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts