MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my M&P 9 for a few months now and have fired close to 1000 rounds through it with no problems at all. However, last weekend I had a problem that I have never seen before with any of my guns. In the middle of a magazine, the gun went click but did not fire. The striker did hit the primer. What made me nervous was that I not able to rack the slide to eject the round easily. I hate to say it, but after a few minutes of trying to get the slide to open carefully I ended up yanking on the slide pretty hard to force it open. After I got it open, the trigger was reset and the round fired and ejected. I fired a few more magazines through it and it seemed to be fine. Anyone had this problem before or know what may have caused this?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
It sounds like an oversized round that just did not quite make it clear into battery. This can make the slide hard to work because the round is tight in the chamber. By the slide being ever so slightly out of battery this can mis-aline the firing pin to the primer and give a light strike type of malfunction. If it was the same round that fired after this you may have basicaly resized it during this problem. God luck CHECK 360 David

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I have that issue all the time with reloaded glock brass sticking in the chamber.

·
Registered
77 Posts
next time its best to eject the cartridge and check the barrel. make sure the bullet came out with the casing. nothing says ruined day like a bore obstruction. bore obstruction and a fresh cartridge racked in then ignited puts you right up there with Wiley E Coyote

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The oversized round idea makes sense. I never thought of that because I have never seen that problem before. I'm glad it's not something wrong with my gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts