MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys convinced me. Just traded in my G26 (I hated that [email protected]#$% Glock hump - other than that the G26 is a fine gun). Had the store clerk install the thinnest, what's the word, palm swell (?) and it was love at first sight Can't wait to try her out.

Will the M&P-C fit (kind of) in a Glock holster? Anyone?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Excellent. I think you will like the M&P Compact better.

Some Glock holsters kinda fit. Some kinda don't.

What holster do you have?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YukonGlocker said:
Excellent. I think you will like the M&P Compact better.

Some Glock holsters kinda fit. Some kinda don't.

What holster do you have?

I have a variety of both Kydex and leather.

By the way Yuk, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Well I did it! Sayonara G26, say hi to my new M&P-C

Kraigster414 said:

Right after I bought my 40c, I went to a store that specializes in holsters (mostly Glock). They let me try most of them, and none would fit.

For anybody who might happen to have a UPS, I've found that my 40 full sized fits great in my HK USP40 holster. So does the new 40c, but, of course, the holster is a bit long for the compact.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Glad you got away from the forces of darkness.

Do you find that even though the G26 is "smaller" that the M&P feels smaller? I mean that the measurements of the G26 are smaller when you read them, but when you put the two side by side, the M&P feels smaller to me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kraigster414, good to have you here!! I traded my G27 in for my .40c and I know that I sure do not regret it at all. I love my M&P Compact!! It is a great shooter and feels awesome in my hand. I think these Compacts are going to put a bit of a crimp in the Glock Sub Compact sales
. Time will tell, but they are pretty sweet guns.

Ron

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ront said:
Kraigster414, good to have you here!! I traded my G27 in for my .40c and I know that I sure do not regret it at all. I love my M&P Compact!! It is a great shooter and feels awesome in my hand. I think these Compacts are going to put a bit of a crimp in the Glock Sub Compact sales

Ron

Ron, my G27 may be the next one on the auction block. If there was a M&P Compact in .357Sig, I'd trade it in today. Between the Springfield XD and the S&W M&P, Glock is getting some very formidable competition. Don't get me wrong, I like the Glock - I still have my G27 and my G23 the latter of which I reallylike but there is no comparison as far as ergonomics. I thought the XD felt good in my hands. The M&P feels even better. The Glock will forever feel like a block - more like a 2x4.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since my first encounter with an M&P several months ago (I now own 3), every time I pick up one of my Glocks I think: "Pffft! this thing feels just plain weird... what was I thinking?"

Congrats.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MP Dick said:
Since my first encounter with an M&P several months ago (I now own 3), every time I pick up one of my Glocks I think: "Pffft! this thing feels just plain weird... what was I thinking?"

Congrats.

The feeling is contagious. I still like the Glock compacts. I do not like the feel of the Glock minis.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kraigster414 said:
[quote name='ront']Kraigster414, good to have you here!! I traded my G27 in for my .40c and I know that I sure do not regret it at all. I love my M&P Compact!! It is a great shooter and feels awesome in my hand. I think these Compacts are going to put a bit of a crimp in the Glock Sub Compact sales

Ron

Ron, my G27 may be the next one on the auction block. If there was a M&P Compact in .357Sig, I'd trade it in today. Between the Springfield XD and the S&W M&P, Glock is getting some very formidable competition. Don't get me wrong, I like the Glock - I still have my G27 and my G23 the latter of which I reallylike but there is no comparison as far as ergonomics. I thought the XD felt good in my hands. The M&P feels even better. The Glock will forever feel like a block - more like a 2x4.[/quote]

I am just hoping that some day down the road, that we can just buy a .357Sig barrel to go in the .40c frame
. We already have the mags. Two guns in one

Ron

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ront said:
[quote name='Kraigster414'][quote name='ront']Kraigster414, good to have you here!! I traded my G27 in for my .40c and I know that I sure do not regret it at all. I love my M&P Compact!! It is a great shooter and feels awesome in my hand. I think these Compacts are going to put a bit of a crimp in the Glock Sub Compact sales

Ron

Ron, my G27 may be the next one on the auction block. If there was a M&P Compact in .357Sig, I'd trade it in today. Between the Springfield XD and the S&W M&P, Glock is getting some very formidable competition. Don't get me wrong, I like the Glock - I still have my G27 and my G23

Ron[/quote]

the latter of which I reallylike but there is no comparison as far as ergonomics. I thought the XD felt good in my hands. The M&P feels even better. The Glock will forever feel like a block - more like a 2x4.[/quote]

I am just hoping that some day down the road, that we can just buy a .357Sig barrel to go in the .40c frame
. We already have the mags. Two guns in one

That's exactly what I did with my Sig P239. I originally got it in .40SW. Later switched to .357 Sig (bought the Sig .357 barrel separately) and the .40 never saw action again. I should have bought the gun in .357 Sig to begin with. I love the .357Sig. And reloading makes it extremely cheap to shoot since you can use inexpensive 9mm bullets.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Well I did it! Sayonara G26, say hi to my new M&P-C

Kraigster414 said:
In a soft holster (nylon or leather) of the same general size, yes. Until I can get something better I'm using a High Noon Bare Asset (soft leather IWB) with the tension screw loosened up. In a rigidly molded holster for the Glock 26, no - the slide is too wide. There is a possibility it might fit in a Glock 30 holster. I haven't been able to try it yet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have to be contrary on this one. Although I'd like to make the switch, I still have serious doubts about an unknown new gun. I'm still reading too many posts about slides locking back prematurely, and FTE's, and FTF's, and guns needing trigger jobs in the Compact models. The full-size guns appear to be pretty much trouble free now, but just too many posts with problems with the Compact models. My number one priority in my carry gun is RELIABILITY and my "blocky" Glock 27 has functioned 100% since day one. It also conceals well. I'm just not ready to trade in a tried and true product that has been 100% reliable for a new product that appears to still be an unknown. But I'm thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
texagun said:
I have to be contrary on this one. Although I'd like to make the switch, I still have serious doubts about an unknown new gun. I'm still reading too many posts about slides locking back prematurely, and FTE's, and FTF's, and guns needing trigger jobs in the Compact models. The full-size guns appear to be pretty much trouble free now, but just too many posts with problems with the Compact models. My number one priority in my carry gun is RELIABILITY and my "blocky" Glock 27 has functioned 100% since day one. It also conceals well. I'm just not ready to trade in a tried and true product that has been 100% reliable for a new product that appears to still be an unknown. But I'm thinking about it!!!

I am afraid that I am leaning more and more in your direction having experienced (and still experience to certain extent) the slide locking back on the last problem with my M&P Compact. Tweaking the slide stop and smoothing out a burr on the slide has helped but I believe the follower may be the culprit too. S&W has to address, sooner vs. later before sales are impacted - the word is getting out. Ensuring reliability to the extent possible has to be the goal with this model and IMHO, S&W is not there yet. Nevertheless, I am optimistic. Right now, I have a bit more confidence with my XDs and Glocks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts