MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured my first post should be something worthwhile. :)

Had a Springfield XD40sc for a while, but then I started wanting a full-size. The original plan was to sell the XD and then use that cash to buy a FS, but things fell through and the money got used elsewhere. Loved the 40 caliber, but didn't need two sub-compacts (also have a XD9sc).

Well, the world keeps spinning and here I am. The owner of a SW M&P 40 full size. Absolutely LOVE the feel of the gun. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but I haven't found anything I dislike about it. The slide release isn't as bad as others have stated. It's clear those people haven't tried the slide release on an XD. :)

But, wanted to say hi. I'll be spending some time here getting to know everyone and to commiserate with other smart people. :)

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Hey Tim! Welcome from Texas! I think you'll really like it after you shoot it. I have a .40 Pro Series and I love it. The trigger smoothed out real nice after a few hundred rounds down range and some dry firing.

Keep us posted on how you like it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome from CT, I've had a 9fs and 9c for a few years now and just today picked up the .40fs cause I got tired of waiting for the .45 mid and cant wait to shoot it! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I will mine!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes!

Well, as I said, I was looking for a full-sized and thought I had missed my window with the hysteria going on. Then, while I was putting up flyers for my classes, I saw a couple 40s in the case. Saw the price was more than reasonable and went to it. Turns out, the owners ordered a large quantity before the surge and he doesn't feel the need to raise his prices.

Hopefully the weather holds and I can get out and shoot it soon. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats, I too just purchased a FS .40 got 350 down range and I am in love. Wife got a Ruger LC9 and absolutely hated it. Sold it this past weekend and trying to get her a M&P 9c but they are damn near impossible to find

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got a FS M&P .40 S&W a couple of weeks ago.

My .357 SIG barrel is on order. Even though I'm set up to reload .40 S&W once I get the .357 SIG barrel in it that's all I shoot through it.

I'm more than pleased with the trigger as it came and figure it will get better through dry firing and range use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've managed to get several hundred rounds through my M&P40 and I love mine. I've been shooting my H&K P30L lately (2600 rounds) but after getting some range time with this M&P40, I'm thinking my P30L will be taking a back seat for awhile! I love the trigger too and it's stock 6.5 lbs! My P30L is 4.5 lbs. LEM but for some reason the way my stock M&P trigger feels is perfect! For a full size, this pistol carries small!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome, Also have a FS 40. Definitely not a mistake.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought my M&P 40 FS earlier this week. Love the way this pistol fits in my hand. I can't wait to get some time in behind the trigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, I paid-off my layaway on my M&P40 today. I pick it up on Wednesday (stupid waiting period). At the very latest, it'll be shot on April 20 (my next range class). At the earliest, I'll go up to the range on Thursday and tromp through the snow to at least get some round off.

I'm as geeked as I've ever been about a gun. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts