MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
full size 9mm and 40

compact 40. going to get a 357sig bbl for the compact. i don't care what you guys say about the 357sig caliber :wink:

got home ate lunch, then sat down and cleaned both of them. this is what i've found

the mp40c is engraved perfectly on BOTH of my pistols

the 9mm on both sides of the pistol the word engraving is horrible. the 9mm and the s&w symbol .... it just looks like the gave up and shipping the pistol anyways

in the above picture look at the S in stainless.

then below look at the sson in this picture

what do you think ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. It looks fine...put 200 rounds through them and let us know how they shoot. 8)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I know where you're coming from, I suggest you send the pics to S&W and explain your feelings on the matter at hand. However, the realist in me says, get over it... If you bought the M&P for the looks, well damn brother... I wouldn't get to wrapped up in it, but if it bothers you I'll take them.
Seriously, let S&W know that their engraver is ______ up. :wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
I know where you're coming from, I suggest you send the pics to S&W and explain your feelings on the matter at hand. However, the realist in me says, get over it... If you bought the M&P for the looks, well damn brother... I wouldn't get to wrapped up in it, but if it bothers you I'll take them.
Seriously, let S&W know that their engraver is ______ up. :wink:

Im going to have to agree with Morgan 100%.. this is a combat pistol not a look how shinny and purty she is.. "doesn't she accent my belt buckle oh so daintily".... I bought mine new and it had a tiny little scratch in the poly frame out of the case, but so long as it shoots like its supposed to and protects me then its what i paid for...

However like morgan said if your that upset about it call S&W and im sure they will do whatever they can to amend the situation

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Did you buy the MP9 used? That really does look bad, S&W would not send this out looking like this. Who did you purchase from??

I guess the important thing here is you are fortunate enough to have funds to buy 2 MP's, unlike alot of us who have to save every penny to even think about it.

Congrats on your Mp's, hope you get ahold of S&W and get some answers.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was purchased new. I had him order a new batch in because the only ones he had in stock, would not fire with the mag removed.

i've bought from this place numerous times. the full size 40 came from here.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay, eff that. Call S&W and I garentee they fix you up right. You order a pistol after handling others and knowing what to expect, if the one you get isn't up to par, reguardless of the task, I'd want one that was.

Don't feel bad about calling up S&W and making it right. They will, and they will completely understand.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Personally it wouldn't bother me but I'm certain that if you call S&W they will make sure you're happy.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I will not purchase a gun I can't look at beforehand. Saving $25 or so isn't worth it. If you had them in your hand but purchased anyway shame on you. IMHO

·
Registered
178 Posts
You will never be happy with it if it bothers you that much. It will be the 1st thing you notice every time you pick the gun up. I would contact S&W and ask that they replace the slide if it bothers you.......or you can just sell it, take the loss, and forget it. I would try to get the slide replaced.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
This shouldn't have been posted... If you weren't happy with the markings, call the factory and let them know. THEN if they say fly a kite, then I'd bring it here.

I have had worse markings on $700-$1400 1911's than that, and honestly I couldn't figure out what the problem was to begin with.

If it really bothers YOU that much then send it back...

Who knows that slide might be the best lockup in the world and you got sub MOA groups at 100 yards, but you had them replace the slide cause of the lettering, and will never know.

I say if it shoots, use it. Who knows, maybe that one will be a collectors item down the road like coins that were double struck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same way. so what?

I jest got my M&P 40 full frame last week and mine is stamped the same way... It was an issue for about 10 seconds and then I tore it down and started cleaning. I figured that they are all stamped that way. I fired 120 rounds through it over the weekend without one hiccup. This gun is excellent. I never gave the markings a second thought...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess that is why S&W and other manufacturers will let that kind of stuff pass Quality Control and put it on the dealer's shelves.....they know most people will just accept it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To each his own. Obviously it bothers you or you wouldn't have posted it. Me personally, I buy em to shoot em. I agree with the others, if it bothers you that bad call S&W.

In my mind, I have to ask how much are you really going to see it?, BUT if you are not happy it will always bug you.

Call S&W!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I agree

If its such an issue either contact S&W or send it my Way i will put it to good use

·
Registered
37 Posts
Poor S&W. They put out a gun with the price and simplicity of a Glock, the internal strenght of an HK, and the accuracy of a Sig, and all they get are complaints about the etchings. I hope their world reknown service dept. doesn't get so disgusted by these superfluous complaints that we all begin to suffer. You don't like the etchings, don't buy the gun. Your loss![/u]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Shoot the hell outta the thing. If we were talking about a STI, SV, Baer or Wilson Combat that costs $2000+, then I could see bitching. The M&P is a $400 fighting gun. Use the time you would spend on the phone practicing. You'll be better off in the long run. Just my opinion, but I'm not too worried about how a carry gun looks as long as it performs its job.

Joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts