MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool stuff all over the place

They had M&P .40's there with night sights for only $399, BUT each had at least one shot fired in them and only one 10 roung mag was included.

Good deal or not :? . A friend of mine bought one instead of an XD .40, and promptly had to fork out another $40 for a 15rd mag. His total for the gun with FFL and tax was $440.

I was very close to getting one, but since the show will be back in early December and I'll be able to buy by then, I thought I'd wait and see if I can get a better deal somewhere else.

We went to the range afterward and rented a M&P .40 and a XD 9 and had a little fun. Groups were better with the nine, but I haven't had any real practice with either, so that's to be expected.

Took one apart smoothly much to everyone's astonishment
. Even the dealer said he couldn't do it without some trouble; guess he's just ignorant.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What part of florida are u from? i cant remember when the next show is coming to orlando but weapons unlimited always has the best deal in the shows for hand guns.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About two hours south of Tampa.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer said that they were the demo models.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nolewarrior said:
2 hours south of Tampa?? Fort Myers, possibly?

Yep. I'm going to the one on the 9th and 10th of December to get my CWL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote name='"MilitaryPower"][quote=Nolewarrior]2 hours south of Tampa?? Fort Myers' date=' possibly?[/quote']

I work in FTM and live in the Cape. I have yet to p/u my MP 40, but when I get back from a cruise (next Thursday) I pick it up. It will be my first new/real pistol and I am very excited. Listening to the crew on this site has really got me all worked up!

Maybe I'll run into you at the range sometime.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live the Cape too!

I usually go to the range at Cecil Web. Going there tommorrow as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
533 Posts
MilitaryPower said:
A friend of mine bought one instead of an XD .40, and promptly had to fork out another $40 for a 15rd mag.

OT: man, did your friend Get raped on the mag!!!!

They retail for $19.99 at Midway!! He paid TWICE Retail for it!!

Back On Topic, the $399 for the Lightly used M&P iwth NS was a good price!!

The Mags are readily available, but they do go for higher than the XD Mags.

Y

·
Registered
533 Posts
ToolMaker said:
[quote name='ysued']

OT: man, did your friend Get raped on the mag!!!!

They retail for $19.99 at Midway!! He paid TWICE Retail for it!!
Their web site says they are $35

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=348126

:?:[/quote]

I misread the post, I thought his friend got an XD, not and M&P!!

Midway sells the XD Mags for $19.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=571564

My bad!!

He only paid $5.00 extra then!! Not bad.

Must learn not to read prior to my Caffeine!!

Y

·
Registered
12 Posts
MilitaryPower said:
I live the Cape too!

I usually go to the range at Cecil Web. Going there tommorrow as a matter of fact.

Just got back from a cruise and gonna head to Cecil Webb early Sunday am and fire mine (just p/u today!)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nolewarrior said:
[quote name='MilitaryPower']I live the Cape too!

Just got back from a cruise and gonna head to Cecil Webb early Sunday am and fire mine (just p/u today!)[/quote]

Hey guys, I''m not to far from you...I live in melbourne. Steve over at the Gunsite Range in Merritt Island does an indoor IPSC thing every Monday. Every second Saturday we have our IPSC pistol and every second Sunday we have our IDPA match, and every third Saturday is 3-gun at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club (PMRPC). Titusville RPC has thier monthly IDPA every third Saturday. The Police Hall of Fame range in Titusville is doing an IPSC/IDPA "type" shoot every Friday. And Orlando isn't to far of a drive. I usually never miss a PMRPC IDPA and have been doing the 3-gun regularly. Alot of great shooting opportunities in our area! Be good to see more M&Ps represented.

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts