MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P40 full size and a M&P9c which I REALLY REALLY LIKE -

But figured I should own at least 1 Glock - I picked the G23 because I wanted a 40 S&W to go with my M&P40 - and figured it would not be that hard to carry concealed -

Came home with another M&P - this time the M&P40c - the $348 price (after rebate) + 2 free mags helped a little but it was more than that I just like the way the M&P feels better -

Nothing against Glocks - I still plan to buy a G23 someday - just not today.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Good man... :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
you scared me for a minute there partner 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gee, is there something wrong with owning a M&P and a Glock? I do and love them both for different reasons.....would even like to add a SR9 and possibly a Sig P250 when the time is right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HAHAHA.... Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me today. I wanted a M&P 45 to go with my 40, well I had a friend that had talked me into looking at a FN p40 so I went and tried one out and man it felt sweet!!! So I was sold!!!!!One odd thinghappened, somehow between looking at the gun and checking out that FN turned into a M&P 45, now that I have a M&P in 45 I'm not at all sad that I didn't get the FN!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
woodspirits said:
Gee, is there something wrong with owning a M&P and a Glock? I do and love them both for different reasons.....would even like to add a SR9 and possibly a Sig P250 when the time is right.

No, not at all. As long as you bought the Glock before the M&P's were on the market, no one can fault you for using bad logic.

Lance

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nothing wrong with owning a Glock. Glocks are tried and true.

And while the M&Ps have a clear advantage in a few areas, namely comfort and customize-ability (yeah, like that's really a word... well, now it is) with the grips, they do still need to stand the test of time.

That, of course, remains to be seen. But I have faith, Smith & Wesson have been around a long, long time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Slick26 said:
That, of course, remains to be seen. But I have faith, Smith & Wesson have been around a long, long time.

Glock isn't exactly the new kid on the block anymore. Okay, maybe the company hasn't been in the firearms business for 150+ years, but they have been around longer than most people think. Before most people heard of them, they were making making... what was it... shovels?

A shovel can be a very effective weapon in the right hands. And when you're done with the bad guy, you can even bury him!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would MUCH rather shoot an M&P in .40 than a Glock in .40. Never could get used to the snappy.40 recoil in a Glock and I have shot a lot of it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Re: Went to a gun show today - mind made up - G23 all the wa

z71bill said:
I have an M&P40 full size and a M&P9c which I REALLY REALLY LIKE -

But figured I should own at least 1 Glock - I picked the G23 because I wanted a 40 S&W to go with my M&P40 - and figured it would not be that hard to carry concealed -

I am looking at an M&Pc myself. I think I am going to stay with the 9 though. Even though the 40 ammo is only a few bucks more, it adds up.

Came home with another M&P - this time the M&P40c - the $348 price (after rebate) + 2 free mags helped a little but it was more than that I just like the way the M&P feels better -

Nothing against Glocks - I still plan to buy a G23 someday - just not today.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nothing wrong w/ owner both, I own several, er dozens, of both. I like them all, but have really paid more attention lately to the MP's, especially since it is my duty gun and what Im going to try and shoot a little more in USPSA this year. It still has to be put thru more paces, but so far, its doing pretty good.

We'll see. I will say I had to pick up a MP40 compact the other day, and had to trade in another handgun I prob will never shoot. I traded the one in b/c Im not going to be using it ( I had two of the same gun) and it cut the cost down significantly right now. I was shocked shooting the MP40 compact though. It shot very nice and kicked less than my G27 or G23. It shot very nice, was pretty accurate at 15-18 yds and handled the Gold Dot duty rounds (that kick like a mule) damn fine. It didnt feel like 40 at all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd much rather have an M&P 40 as a duty gun. Hands down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I could have found a G23 with night sights - it would have been a close call - I don't really like the way the rear Glock sight looks - but am sure I could get use to it -

Not bashing Glock - no reason to - IMO they are fine guns -

But something one gun seller said surprised me -

I was looking at the G23 & M&P40 full size - side by side - he ask me if I needed any help.

I told him I was thinking about buying a G23 - that I already had the M&P40

He said he was a member of a shooting club - a few years ago 11 of the 12 members shot a Glock of some type - (one H&K). Then one guy switched from Glock to the M&P - took all sorts of crap from the other club members - as a result - but he let the other members shoot his M&P and today 6 use the M&P - 5 still shoot Glocks and one H&K -

This surprised me a little - since I told the guy I already had the M&P and wanted a Glock I would have expected him to push the Glock OVER the M&P to make the sale - so I take this as an honest statement and not some sales pitch -

BTW I bought the M&P40c from another dealer.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The G23 is a great little carry pistol, perfect for CCW. The grip is just log enough for me whereas the MP40c is not. But I shoot what I carry and I just didn't enjoy shooting the G23.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Steelshooter said:
The G23 is a great little carry pistol, perfect for CCW. The grip is just log enough for me whereas the MP40c is not. But I shoot what I carry and I just didn't enjoy shooting the G23.

How is the 40c grip NOT long enough for you, when its actually LONGER with the pinky extention? :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts