MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Denton, Texas gun show today and were suprised how small it was. The last Denton show I went to ( back in July ,2006) was pretty big. That was where I bought my MP 40 at a very good price. This time there were not near as many booths. I only saw about three MP's, all full sized, no compacts. Got the same old nonsense from some of the dealers that said they only bring the guns that they sell the most of. I guess they mean they sell a lot of over priced crap!!! :roll:

I was considering buying a Kel-Tec PF9 for summer carry but not one in the whole building. Lot's of PF11's and 32 caliber K.T.'s. From what I've read on the K.T. forum, there are a lot of PF9 buyers waiting to buy one. :?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i also went to a gun show today in bloomingon, il. went looking for some M&P accessories such as extra mags and such. pretty much came home empty handed except for some snap caps. i also only saw 2 m&p's at the show. Oh well guess i just have to pay a visit to the m&p store one of these days

·
Registered
225 Posts
In my neck of the woods the gun shows are only getting bigger. Even so, if they were getting smaller I would still go. Gun shows are one of the last real bastions of the second amendment. Where else in this country can you go and view row after row of firearms. Hence the anti's emphasis on gettting them shut down. I look at it as entertainment, like a movie. Go look at the toys and support the gun industry. If gun shows fade away we will be the worse for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went to a gun show in Nashville today on my way home from the range where I shot my new M&P9 fpr the first time.
There were a lot of M&Ps - full size, compact, and a hand full of AR's. I think I am going to have to get a compact 9 now after I get my AR. Prices were reasonable on the M&Ps, it was everything else that was ridicously priced.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tx, I was at that Denton "gun show" today as well. Someone near me asked "So this is the WHOLE show?" and someone replied "Yep, blink and you'll miss it."

I was quite disappointed in it compared to the much bigger one over in Mesquite last weekend. I picked up an S&W MP15T rifle at that one, by the way. My first AR rifle. There were three of us in line to get it and I got the guy's attention first so I snapped it up (much to the disappointment of the other two guys :twisted: Oh well, you snooze, you lose.). After that, walking around the place, we had two other guys come up and ask if I was wanting to sell it. Guy I bought it from said they sell them out as soon as they get them in.

I hear the really good DFW area show to go to is the one held periodically at the Dallas Market Hall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts