MP-Pistol Forum banner

What 9mm ammo is most reliable in your M&P?

• Winchester USA (White Box)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington UMC

• Federal American Eagle

• Antlanta Arms & Ammo

• CCI

• Other

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what's working well for others out there. I just ordered a box of all of the following in both 124-gr & 147-gr: Winchester WB, WinClean TMJ, Remington UMC, Remington UMC leadless TMJ, American Eagle, and American Eagle TMJ... plus a box of remanufactured JHP 147-gr Atlanta Arms & Ammo for good measure to do a little testing to see which I like best.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I voted other only because I've shot every one on the list - all have worked great in my MP9's to include my zero 147 JHP reloads. The most accurate of the ammo I've tested from this poll list has been the American Eagle stuff - WWB groups the worse out of both my MP9's - UMC is very good - and the Atlanta Arms stuff is good and basically the same as my USPSA reloads. For factory ammo, the UMC or American Eagle is good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bryan, sounds like you prefer the JHPs to FMJs... Do they shoot better for you? Any reliability problems?

·
Registered
154 Posts
For reloads, I've found the jhp's do shoot better - I still have about 2000 of the Zero 124gr FMJ's that I'm trying to find a load for that will work. I haven't been able to get those to shoot near as good as my 147's jhp's.

The American Eagle and UMC factory loads shoot as good out of both my MP's as anything I've shot. I'd have to go back and check my notes, but I think the American Eagle 124's FMJ's shot under 2" at 25 yards - Not much under 2" but a little. Still pretty good for a stock gun/factory ammo combo.

I've had no reliability issues at all with any ammo I've shot out of the 9mm's -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts