MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just have a hogue grip sleeve. I'm not much for accessories. I may put a flashlight on the .45 when I get one of those, but the 9mm stays bare bones as I carry that one

·
Registered
264 Posts
10-8 rear sight and a Burwell standard trigger job. Eventually I will add a tritium front. That is about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Trigger job, mag well cuts and feed ramp polish by Bowie Tactical and a set of XS Big Dot sights. Nothing else needed besides range time.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nothing but ammo and practice are essential. Dan Burwell (resident gunsmith) can hook you up if you want to dress up your M&P and/or refine it.

Don't think you need anything besides ammo though, the gun is good to go out of the box.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Loner said:
That's a given, besides that?
Actually that should be a given but with many it isn't. There is a whole lot of $5K ARs on another sight that haven't had 100 rounds down the tube. There is nothing really required with this weapon to what it was intended to be used for. That being said, both of mine will end up with Warren rear sights and factory front NS. They will both have Burwell trigger jobs. The one set up for carry will be melted, media blasted, beavertail removed and have mag cutouts. The beside version has a threaded barrel for an upcoming AAC Evolution can, a Streamlight TLR-2 and will have mag cutouts. It will probably wind up in the neat two tone look Dan does with the polished racing stripe.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
UPSguy said:
Actually that should be a given but with many it isn't. There is a whole lot of $5K ARs on another sight that haven't had 100 rounds down the tube.

And what site would you be referring too? Wait, don't answer that as we don't want them coming over here to defend themselves :twisted:

UPSguy and I are in complete agreement. Nothing is really required except a good holster, spare mag holders, ammo and a membership to a local range. If your M&P is your "bump-in-the-night" gun then a TLR or X200 would be in order.

I like the stock sights but I'm holding out for a set of Trijicon NS. Other than that mine will just be well feed and cared for.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can we please pause for just a moment, someone actually agreed with me

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
m4arc said:
[quote name='UPSguy']Can we please pause for just a moment, someone actually agreed with me

<pause>[/quote]

Thanks, you two just got me to laugh out loud

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am glad we could help Dan. If you look about 5 posts up I think I have my choices decided on. Ordered 2 more NSs today so as soon as they get here M&P #1 will be on its way to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No accessories yet, but I plan on a Crimson Trace laser grip when they come out for the M&P. Potentially a threaded barrel as well, if I can find a place who'll make a separate one so I can interchange it if necessary.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you feel the need to be able to change it if necessary just buy a 2nd barrel and have one of them threaded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts