MP-Pistol Forum banner

What Am I Doing Wrong?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  coltman1985 
#1 ·
Just got my new M&P .45.

After a quick familiarization and disassembly I decide to load a mag and champer a round. No joy.

The round jammed halfway on the magazine and half way up the ramp. Is this just new gun stiffness? A non broken in ramp?

I don't think it is the magazine, the springs are plenty stiff.

I suppose it could be the ammo, magtech, but somehow I don't think so.

Should I take the pistol back to the gun shop? Or should I try a different type of ammunition? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

See less See more
#3 ·
After reading your question I did a test.

3 rounds, only with the slide release.

2 chambered, 1 misfed.

I'll take her to the range tomorrow and maybe my questions will be answered. I think she needs to be broken in. Though I am worried about her feeding.

#8 ·
UPDATE

mike benedict said:
i bet it is ammo related

buy some ww white box if it won't feed that something is not right with the pistol

You, sir, were/are abso-tutely right

Magtech, Brazillian made, is the culprit. Comparing the Winchester, Remington, and Magtech side by side it looks like the Magtech is slightly taller that both the win and the rem. I'm beginning to suspect that the sales person accidentally sold me some revolver ammo instead of ACP.

The two American made rounds are identical except that metal jacket of the Winchester seems pinker than the Remington. Both the Winchester and the Remington fed like a dream. So it looks like my M&P is an expensive date.

On a side note the indoor range I was at had a gunsmith. I told him about the feeding issue and he checked my firearm with some S&B ammo. After he fired about 10 rounds he said that the feed ramp looked fine. He mentioned that "those M&Ps shoot great, hardly any muzzle climb at all."

Sweet sweetness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.