MP-Pistol Forum banner

What bullet weight does your 9mm M&P Full Size Like the best?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an M&P 9mm full size and would like to know what ammo yours likes the best. Also what bullet weight, 115grain, 124 or 147?

I was looking at trying out 3 brands of ammo with three types of bullet weight, but maybe there's one kind of bullet weight M&P's shoot the best with... I don't know the barrel twist.

Thanks.

PS: I added a poll to makes things easier. 8)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine shoots anything that I load into it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been using whatever is cheap for practice and I've had no problems with any ammo. Lately I've been carrying 147 gr Golden Sabers in my compact. I like the weight of the push and it doesn't make my sights jump nearly as far as a lighter +p. Get the cheapest thing you can find for practice, it will eat it up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference at all with my M&P. Everything is realiable and everything pretty much shoots to the same point of aim. M&Ps rock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not really sure, although I voted for 115 gr. This is all I have through it, but I have 124 gr Hornaday HP's for the home. I guess I should try a few others to find out...but the 115gr WWB come out nice and straight. :twisted:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just like Goldie Locks and The Three Bears, not to heavy and not to light.

124 gr for the 9 is just right !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts