MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried all three backstraps and decided to go with the small one; it just felt best in my hand...the funny thing is I always thought I had medium-large hands...

but I can still use my 92FS and P226 just fine... 8)

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
there is a poll in the polling area on this.. I use a large shaved down some on the strong side.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Small...it just seems to fit better. I like the medium, also. But the large just doesn't seem right for my hand.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Going by glove sizes I have an average size hand, but the small backstrap seems to suit me best.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ironically, I am currently using the large one. I say ironically because I bought the MP based on the ability to make the grip smaller due to my small hands. Ater a Burwell trigger job, I find that the large insert allows for a more consistent grip and trigger finger placement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the medium on the gun along with an AGrip wrap with a Hogue slip-on over the lot. Unbelievable comfort with this setup. The gun is just a hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have pretty big hands, but what I discovered is that with the large palm swell insert, whenever I pulled the gun from my holster and looked at my grip, the bore axis would be slightly (but noticeably) off to one side. I don't experience this with the medium insert. YMMV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far all I've used is the medium, but I just switched it out to the large, and will give it a try next trip to the range.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just installed the small, seems to feel good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Medium Grip

I left the medium grip on mine, it fits my hand best. The developer at S&W was very smart to come up with the different size grips to fit a wide variety of shooters hands.

"It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it"

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started by plinking with the medium, tried the small for 200 rounds, didn't like the way the small made me group at 4o'clock. Put the medium back on and called it a day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts