Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro Chrono

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that know the value of chrono tesing their loads, what brand do you use and what are your likes and/or dislikes? Any accuracy doubts?

I use a Shooting Chrony Gamma Master with the printer. Nice unit, has a remote display but can get frustrating at times to set up. Seems like a lot of key strokes are needed and the menu isn't as user friendly as the CED. The printer is a nice feature as it lets you print out the data for a shot string that can then be attached to the target.

My son has a CED chrono. Very nice unit but sometimes the angle of the sun or passing clouds can throw off the readings which is true of any chrono. His seems to be more sensitive to that than my Gamma Master. CED chrono are almost always used at major USPSA matches. At those matches they usually enclose the sensors and use a infrared light source to take the ambient light out of the equation.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I have the Pact Model 1 XP, and I'm quite happy with it. A lot of people tend to go the cheap route on chronographs, and sometimes that can be an expensive mistake, at the bare minimum you want a chrono with the "brains" that sit on the bench. If you really use your chrono, it's not a matter of if you will shoot it, only when.

Shooting Chrony used to offer a rebuild for shot up units, they don't do that anymore, now you have to buy a new one, this was confirmed by the guy that shot up this first one recently.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have the Shooting Chrony Alpha model.

I have no complaints, but this is the only chrony I have used.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Shooting Chrony F1 here. Shot a support leg off 1st time out. :oops:

I work in a machine shop so carry plenty of spares now!! 8)

I did a side by side comparo with a Pact at the range one day. We were within +/-1% of each other with 2 different guns/ammo.

Thinking of upgrading mine. Currently writing down all #'s and dumping into the puter when I get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts