MP-Pistol Forum banner

What Caliber M&P

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what caliber you all chose for you M&P and why?

Just thought this would be easier than looking at everybodys profile. Im still debating on which caliber to get. I believe im going to go with the .40 but who knows...

Thanks, Pat

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i see i forgot to put 9mm compact if anyone knows how i can add that to the poll let me know

thanks

Pat

·
Registered
138 Posts
.40... You want to know why?

I'll tell you, but it's not a very nice thought.

Dead cops.

When the "whoever" invade, and they will.. the first thing they will do is kill all the cops and security guards. What they won't count on is the armed militia that are our second line of defense.

With the dead cops and security guards laying dead on the ground, their will be plentiful amounts of ammunition laying around that the "whoever" will not be able to use. .40 rounds will be there for the taking.

The 9mm is HOT!! the .45 is best.. but the .40 will be available.

Raymond

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the compact in 9mm for two reasons (not owning a 9mm already).

(1) It's what they had

(2) I have about 2000 empty 9mm cases from range picking, dies, bullets, etc.

I figure 9mm custom loaded is not as good as my favorite .45acp, but way better

then the .38 I normally carry. 12 rounds of +P 9mm vs 5 rounds of +P .38.

·
Registered
573 Posts
To answer the question why 9mm....I can carry more rounds, shoot more ammo more often, less recoil.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my 9mm compact because I wanted an M&Pc and thats all the store had. If they had a .40, I probably still would have bought the 9mm. Its cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
9mm

Nothing against the .40 but I cannot shoot it as well as a 9mm in any platform. The difference may be very slight but it is there none the less.

Although when the .45 hits the market that will be at the top of the list of "must have." I have been holding off from an XD-45acp anxiously awaiting M&P45.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Captain Ray said:

Dead cops.

When the "whoever" invade, and they will.. the first thing they will do is kill all the cops and security guards. What they won't count on is the armed militia that are our second line of defense.

With the dead cops and security guards laying dead on the ground, their will be plentiful amounts of ammunition laying around that the "whoever" will not be able to use. .40 rounds will be there for the taking.

Raymond

Allrighty then. All I can add here is that you need to be sure your local cops carry .40cal. We carry 9mm in my area. Now stay low friend... I hear "someone" in the bushes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can I vote twice??

I have two of the 9mm, but I should get a 40 in sometime soon!!

Y

·
Registered
48 Posts
all the pistols i own are 9mm.

started buying 9mm's before they had 40 cal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am a 9mm freak.......Most of my guns are 9mm. I have one .45 and that is a S&W 625JM. I am still looking for a pristine 3906.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the 40 cal. I already have two 9 mm's- a Kahr Arms CW9 and a Berreta 92 and a Sistema 45. I was curious on how the 40 would be and am very impressed with the M&P. It has become my favorite in just one weekend. Rich

·
Registered
708 Posts
Captain Ray said:

Dead cops.

With the dead cops and security guards laying dead on the ground, their will be plentiful amounts of ammunition laying around that the "Whoever" will not be able to use. .40 rounds will be there for the taking.

Raymond

"Keep it on topic"-Jester

·
Registered
24 Posts
Edited-Jester

Aw... don't let yourself be bothered by that kind of thinking. Remember... the nice thing about being either crazy or stupid is that you never really know you are crazy or stupid.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
M&P 9mm because:

1. I already own several 9mm handguns.

2. It is cheaper to shoot.

3. I will be shooting competition with this gun.

4. My wife will be shooting this gun.

I don't feel undergunned at all carrying 9mm, but if I get a chance I will get a .40/357Sig for carry/hunting purposes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Back on topic: 9mm is cheaper for me to shoot, easier for me to teach a new shooter with (and my BT dummy barrel is ordered) and the M&P really is a great gun to teach a new shooter on. Now, the "old" shooter (me) wants a compact for me to carry.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Ok, I edited this post.. I found nothing offensive, but someone did.

I think that Captin Ray was refering to the commies, and just picked the first think that came to mind.

To those offended, chill.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I shoot 9mm with my full size M&P because:

1. $$$ Lower cost in bullets. Most definately if you like to shoot a lot.

2. Higher velocity/distance round

3. Can fit more rounds in the magazine. Nice if you are into high-cap category in action pistol shooting.

Good luck in your selection Pat !

1 - 20 of 156 Posts