MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
loking into buying a M&P either .40 or 9mm, was wondering what all comes with the gun??

Also I have read about a "carry kit" what does it all consist of??

·
Registered
70 Posts
The carry kit has a third magazine, a Blade Tech holster and Blade Tech double mag pouch. S&W was also offering two free magazines and a free range bag with the purchase of an M&P, so if you got the carry kit you ended up with 5 magazines. The free magazine promotion ended July 15. Not sure about the free range bag promotion.

For the free magazines and range bag you had to fill out coupons and send them in with a copy of your sales receipt. I bought my M&P in mid-June and received the range bag three weeks later. Still waiting for the two magazines, but I bought the carry kit so I have three mags, which is all I need right now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have to wait till next month, till I turn 21, to buy so, I guess I will try to get the carry kit. when the time comes that will give me 3 mags, and I might buy a few but the mags are pretty pricey.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
"I don't care what caliber you carry for self defense, as long as the first # is a 4!" If you are going to game it, then I would get the 9mm. Check for current promos just before you buy!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is what comes in the carry kit (less the box and manual and padlock).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would it cost if you bought the holster and mag pouch seperate?? I know the mags run about 40 bucks. how much is it if you get it in the package deal, with the gun??

·
Registered
157 Posts
The entire kit should run about the price of a spare mag.

That is, an additional $30.00-$40.00 over just the gun and 2 magazines

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah went to my local shop today, he wanted 695 bucks just for a full size .40!! didn't ask about the carry kit at those prices I was scared to
Well, the search continues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
M&P Prices

My M&P9 cost $480 plus tax in MA; came w/2 mags. Sent in coupon for two more plus paperwork for the range bag.

Someone posted a low price of $410 (I think) for same gun! Great price.

How much did YOU pay??

dd

p.s. First I have heard of the Carry Kit. How much for these separate?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
+1 on The Gallery of Guns. They enhance S&W or any other mfg's warranty with a "Replace with new" guarantee if you have a problem. They do honor that guarantee.

Enjoy

:twisted:

·
Registered
58 Posts
From what I found the extra stuff in carry kit goes like this - $41.00 for one more magazine, $25.00 for holster, $21.00 for magazine pouch if you buy them Separately. I got the whole package for 489.00 + tax.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I paid $469 for the carry kit. Considering the value of the extra mag, holster and mag pouch, I figure that I got the gun for $380. When you add in the free range bag ($40+) and two more mags ($35 to $40 each), that brings the net price for the gun down to $260, more or less. Can't complain about that, especially since it quickly became my favorite pistol to shoot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts