MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered what the main use is in this forum for the M&P? I will be using mine for PPC as well as USPSA and IDPA and three gun shoots. Sorta an all around target pistol. I had been shooting a 1911 in 9mm but after picking up the M&P I sold it off.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Multi-use tool....

I have a fullsized MP 40 caliber and a MP 9mm compact. I love to plink with both at the range. My compact often serves as a ccw. The full sized 40 caliber is also used as a car gun along with my Sigma, SW9VE. All are used as home defense weapons.

And, I'm sure I'll find several uses for my MP 45 when I can lay my hands on one. I hear the 45 makes nice big holes in paper or B.G.'s.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I posted this earlier on one of the many uses I have found for my M&P:

Dan Burwell said:
This is the 40S&W 180 honady TAP from my full size M&P vs a pumkin filled with water:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin1.wmv

This is a second shot at the same pumkin with the same load:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin2.wmv

This is the 500mag with a 275 grain Barnes vs water filled pumkin:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin500.wmv

Pumkin pie anyone?

I also use my 40s for everyday carry, IDPA, and taking Icicles off the house

I'll have to see if I can find that video

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up a M&P compact to go with my M&P 40. Will be carrying them for duty as soon as I can work them into qualification in april.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good heavens Mr. Burwell, that 500 mag sure did a number on the pumpkin. I have shot a 454 Casull a few times and it kicked. That 500 mag must be something!!

Ron

·
Registered
207 Posts
The primary use of my M&P .40 is fun.

I like to blast inanimate objects just like Mr. Burwell does.

:twisted:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Full sized 9 for the range and home defense. I'm having a hard time pulling off any sort of ccw; maybe a 40c in the near future?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My full size 40 does it all.ccw.range.and at night it wears a m6lazer/light by the bed. i need no other gun.Wife carrys the m&p9c in her purse i like the 9c. fun to shoot but the 40s mine

--------------------

m&p40/m6lazer/light

m&p9c

38 undercover

--------------------

BE ARMED OR BE A VICTIM

·
Registered
298 Posts
USPSA!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pappy1600 said:
Will be LE work by the end of next month.

Are you in NYC? If they are allowing this for duty then that is good to hear. Are you all still restricted to the 9mm or has that rule been lifted?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts