MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered what the main use is in this forum for the M&P? I will be using mine for PPC as well as USPSA and IDPA and three gun shoots. Sorta an all around target pistol. I had been shooting a 1911 in 9mm but after picking up the M&P I sold it off.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Multi-use tool....

I have a fullsized MP 40 caliber and a MP 9mm compact. I love to plink with both at the range. My compact often serves as a ccw. The full sized 40 caliber is also used as a car gun along with my Sigma, SW9VE. All are used as home defense weapons.

And, I'm sure I'll find several uses for my MP 45 when I can lay my hands on one. I hear the 45 makes nice big holes in paper or B.G.'s.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I posted this earlier on one of the many uses I have found for my M&P:

Dan Burwell said:
This is the 40S&W 180 honady TAP from my full size M&P vs a pumkin filled with water:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin1.wmv

This is a second shot at the same pumkin with the same load:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin2.wmv

This is the 500mag with a 275 grain Barnes vs water filled pumkin:

www.burwellgunsmithing.com/video/Pumkin500.wmv

Pumkin pie anyone?

I also use my 40s for everyday carry, IDPA, and taking Icicles off the house

I'll have to see if I can find that video

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good heavens Mr. Burwell, that 500 mag sure did a number on the pumpkin. I have shot a 454 Casull a few times and it kicked. That 500 mag must be something!!

Ron

·
Registered
512 Posts
Full sized 9 for the range and home defense. I'm having a hard time pulling off any sort of ccw; maybe a 40c in the near future?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My full size 40 does it all.ccw.range.and at night it wears a m6lazer/light by the bed. i need no other gun.Wife carrys the m&p9c in her purse i like the 9c. fun to shoot but the 40s mine

--------------------

m&p40/m6lazer/light

m&p9c

38 undercover

--------------------

BE ARMED OR BE A VICTIM

·
Registered
298 Posts
USPSA!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.