MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my MP 9c back from S & W after being repaired for feed problems so took it to The Bullet Trap in Plano, Tx for a test run (it worked perfectly). They even sent a free magazine for my trouble. Somehow I managed to knock one of my compact magazines off behind the shooting bench and didn't notice untill I was cleaning my guns the next day. I called the range and thanks to Jerome's efforts I got it back. Thanks Jerome!!!

In the past I have left a stapler and somehow a slide holster disappeared out of my range bag (not at The Bullet Trap) with only my little group and two range employees in the area. I have actually heard of people leaving guns at the range. I wonder how many of you have found stuff left behind or have left stuff behind at the gun range?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Unfortunately my lost is the same found. I left my wife at the range once, but she found her way home!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Unfortunately my lost is the same found. I left my wife at the range once, but she found her way home!

Unfortunate and sad ending.

I found a target I left a couple of weeks prior still in the same spot, once.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lost, a small kinfe, and more annoyingly scope caps. Also a range membership card. The membership card is the only one that ever made it back to me. Almost left a whole range bag with guns and ammo at a match, but other folks there caught me before i got away.

Found, gun belts, holsters, hats, magazines (for guns), magazines (not for guns), jewelry, allen wrench set, earmuffs, that's about all I remember.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Found a whole Bunch of M60 links in a nice little pile where I used to shoot at Ft Bragg.

Thought I'd left a shotgun at the range after I'd gotten home and emptied out the estate, I searched everywhere for almost thirty minutes, then I remembered that my brother wanted to borrow if for a part-time security job. I called him and asked if he had wound up needing it, when he said he hadn't I knew that he'd put in in his car instead of mind.

Was a good thing too, I remembered later that I'd liberally sprayed it down with WD40 for storage. When I broke it down for cleaning, it was pretty gummy with WD40 shellac . Brake cleaner and Eezox restored it to slick action again.

Gratituitous gun-pic follows (Nearly the same as mine, I've added a 2-shot extension and a picatinny rail's on the way) :

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/HS10B-R.JPG

·
Registered
74 Posts
only thing I ever left at the range was my rimfire cases, and I find plenty of other peoples brass, that I recycle!!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I found a Mossberg 500 left at a private shoot I organized for a large group. Thankfully I was able to find the owner.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This year, Im up on the number of staplers I have; usually I find/lose three or four a year.

One of our club members left a camoed benelli super90
at the range a few weeks ago, and it was gone when he came back. I havent heard if some honest member took it home and held it for the owner. Ill have to ask him this weekend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ain't admitten' nothin'...but I did get a call from the local PD. - JM.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
coltman1985 said:

thanks for the laugh unfortanetly when I told my wife that sher wanted to hit me for laughing thanks bro if we ever meet PAYBACK

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fire1 said:
Nothing at the range...but the gun shop is a different story

Well, what is it :?: :?

·
Registered
660 Posts
halfcrazy said:
if Fire1 is like me he has left several paychecks at the gunshop

Not only the paychecks but I had given them the slide to my M&P9c so they could have their gunsmith install aftermarket night sights. I then moved over to where the register was and paid for some other stuff. I then walked out and got in the car with my wife and drove off. About 200 yards later she screamed as I pulled a u turn and went the wrong way down a one way street. I had left the other half of my pistol just sitting there for about 3 minutes...no one had noticed. Glad it didn't walk. I know it was dumb...flame on.

·
Registered
434 Posts
memory gap goes with age...everyone has a photographic memory but some don't have film.

·
Registered
910 Posts
When I was like 8 I found a nylon bag with 5 rounds of .50 in it. Me being 8 at the time and shooting a .22lr I thought they were for a damn tank or something. Sumbitches were huge.

I left my dad's Garmin GPS unit at the range once. Also left one of his GPS units on the side of our boat after we pulled it out of the water one day and were getting ready for the ride home. Got home, and strangely it wasn't still there...

I don't think my dad likes me that much.

·
Registered
599 Posts
left / found at range

Last year found range bag with XD Tact. custom and extras, owner returned about

an hour later. I knew who owned it.

Left spotting scope and shooting rest bag. Thanks to a club member ,I got them

back. Now my name is on everything I take.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
josh said:
I don't think my dad likes me that much.

you joined the air force in his footsteps... You could sink his boat and he would still be proud of his little fly boy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts