MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the preffered target ammo and defense ammo??? It would be cool to see what everyone chooses to use at the range.....and what everyone chooses to keep in the nightstand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what I carry

for practice I use whatever I can get cheap. remington or winchester. Ive used blazer brass with no probs. on the other hand when I carry I use hornady tap in my 45 and federal hydra shock in my 40 would like to check out the corbon power ball stuff though.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too keep the Fed HS.

·
Registered
475 Posts
WWB for the range, and Ranger-T's for personal protection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
WWB, blazer brass, remington. I try to stay away from the wolf and crappy reloads. For defense i use Corbon DPX for my .40 and 9mm. and I like to use any quality jacketed bullet in my .380

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
WWB or Magtech at the range, Remington GS +P 124gr in my 9mms for carry

·
Registered
564 Posts
Necritan said:
What is the preffered target ammo and defense ammo??? It would be cool to see what everyone chooses to use at the range.....and what everyone chooses to keep in the nightstand.

I was using WWB's. Just bought 2000 rounds at $18.42/100 at Wally World. I ordered some CCI Blazers after I saw the price was less.

Also, I haven't used JHP's yet, but I ordered some 124 grain Federal Tactical HST +P to try. I am sure that they're good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Federal American Eagle, WWB or Magtech for punching paper. Ranger T (RA40T) for everything else.

·
Registered
178 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='Slick26']WWB for the range, and Ranger-T's for personal protection.
Same here, but to be more specific about the T-Series, I have a stash of 9mm 147gr RA9T and .40 180gr RA40T. But I would carry any of the ammo listed here: http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tact...c;f=78;t=000964[/quote]

Thanks for that url, I learned something new...again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
124 grain handloads for the range. Xtreme bullets, Titegroup powder, unsorted cases, CCI primers.

124 gr. HST's for carry.

Brad

·
Registered
297 Posts
WWB in both 165 and 180g for the range and 165g PDX1 for SD.

·
Registered
469 Posts
180gn Berrys .40 for fun and match, 180gn Winchester JHP ,40 for SD... both get the same powder drop, OAL, etc.. Just change the bullet and load on... For $26 I got 100 JHP, Daughter has 3 loaded SD mags, and I have 3 loaded SD mags.

Gel test is listed on youtube...

EB

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like anything that goes bang and gives me a 6" group at around $0.25 a round, right now it is Fiocchi 115 gr fmj. Herters is also good when on sale at that price too. Blazer in 9mm has been too dirty burning to suit me.

In SD ammo, I like speer 124gr GD +P, I also like Federal HST 124 gr in either regular or +P. I saw a good report on plain old winchester white box 124gr JHP, cheap and reliable expansion. (although in PD, price is not the determinate. ).

·
Registered
6 Posts
American Eagle 124 grain FMJ at the range, Federal HST 124 grain for carry.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts