MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gage what are some of the most popular manu. of ammo, successfully making it thru your M&P. I have 2 M&P 9s 1 compact and 1 full-size. So far I've only used Federal's American Eagle line 115 FMJ and Speer Lawman's 147 TMJ. I think both are good but I like the Feds best.

What's your experience?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always use WWB for the range. Shoots clean and accurate. When on the night stand I keep 147 grain Golden Sabers in 2 mags. I test fired the Sabers and also clean and very accurate ammo as well.

The Guinea

·
Registered
72 Posts
WWBox through my nine.....after function testing with a mix of misc. stuff

WWBox, Blazer (brass and AL) through my .45.....no issues with either pistol

My defense loads are RA9T and RA45T

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have been feeding my fullsized 9 about anything I can get my hands on, to include Blazer Brass/Al, Monarch brass, UMC, and as far as JHP's Hydra shok, and on order is some 147gr Speer Gold dots.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does anyone use American Eagle? I really like the Federal line of ammo and I was wondering if anyone uses this at the range. I want to shoot decent, clean and reliable ammo at the range. I'm not interested in buying whatever is cheapest...any suggestions

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nutshell said:
Does anyone use American Eagle? I really like the Federal line of ammo and I was wondering if anyone uses this at the range.

I mainly use the American Eagle at the range. It shoots well through the M&P...no issues at all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good to hear, by the way, your avatar is great!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nutshell said:
Good to hear, by the way, your avatar is great!

LOL...Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nutshell said:
Does anyone use American Eagle? I really like the Federal line of ammo and I was wondering if anyone uses this at the range. I want to shoot decent, clean and reliable ammo at the range. I'm not interested in buying whatever is cheapest...any suggestions

AE is what our agency uses for practice rounds (about 100 LEO's). Speer Gold Dot for on-duty carry. AE preforms nice and is very consistent.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 40 is a range, competition gun.

I currently run 180 gr Bear Creek moly flat points over 4.0 gr HP-38. Range brass. Win primers.

Clean, sweet & soft.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Nutshell said:

I use eagle 115gr FMJ # AE9DP and WWB Can't seem to see a diff in performance.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts