MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I am getting ready to have my FFL order me my first M&P... I am dumping my Glock 22
for the M&P45 8) . I have three 1911s that I am addicted to & I carry one every day, however, I like to have a non-1911 on hand for patrol work (the agency I work with isn't fond of the 1911 for patrol officers) and to throw in my glove box, back pack, etc...

So, what do I order? I want the black, NO MAG SAFETY, WITH thumb safety (can I get it right side only or do I have to have an ambi safety?), night sights (even though I will swap the rear for a 10-8 or Warren Tactical). Is there a specific model number to order?

Is there any truth that there will be a 14 round mag coming out soon? I saw that it is already an option in S&W's "Roll Call" news letter (Winter 2007). See page three, blue section on right at the end of the M&P45 write up (not authorized to post a link since this is my first post).

Thanks in advance. I plan to send this off to Bowie Tactical for his new LX trigger job and some minor work.

Justin

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine is product code 10906. Has no mag safety and manual safety. Also has lanyard ring on the grip tool.

I can tell you this too:

You will love the M&P 45! It is a great gun. I was trained on 1911's my self and having the manual safety brings back good training for me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
goshinkaibushi said:
Is there any truth that there will be a 14 round mag coming out soon? I saw that it is already an option in S&W's "Roll Call" news letter (Winter 2007). See page three, blue section on right at the end of the M&P45 write up (not authorized to post a link since this is my first post).

Justin

Heres your link, and welcome to the site! Nice find on the 14+1 mag...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...llCallSpg07.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts