1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.
My names Michael, Im new to the formum.
I recently got a MP EZ 9mm shield 2.0.
Ive been having trouble getting clear answers on what parts are transferable from the shield family.
Im looking to upgrade my trigger and change my sights as well as looking at holsters, lights etc.
Im not finding much at all when it comes to the EZ9 but from what i understand certain parts from other models fit. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
And If im in the wrong area here i do apologize.
Looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My wife has an EZ9 and didn't like the front white dot sight. I installed a Hi-Viz fiber optic made for the regular Shield which is made for both models. Of course there was some fitting involved.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There basically no parts that are the same. The regular Shield is a striker fired pistol and the EZ series are hammer fired. The systems are completely different. It is possible that the front sights may fit. I would have to measure them. Beyond that I doubt any other parts are interchangeable. I own both so I am very familiar with both platforms.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It is possible that the front sights may fit. I would have to measure them.
They will fit, I did it. Before I even ordered it, I did an Internet search and found others that had installed them, so I took a chance and ordered one. Took about fifteen minutes of careful fitting, like it would any other front sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the information. And it's good to have positive confirmation that there are other sites that fit that are not specifically marketed as Shield EZ.
I know there are parts from other mp models that fit the EZ 9. There just isn't one specific model where everything's transferable. I know the trigger from 1 model fits and the front sight from another and rear sights from another. I just don't recall from my research which was for which. The front sight you installed was marketed for the regular 2.0. Do you know what model fits the rear sights?
I am trying to get positive confirmation on what trigger fits the 9 mm EZ . I want to lighten up the trigger pull for my wife.
The lack of magazine extensions is frustrating, And the few that I did find were a little pricey and out of stock till God knows when. I'd really sucks the way the world has reacted recently and that there is 0 sports equipment availableOr home protection products. Those of usThat make a hobby out of shooting can't even do so due to the lack of ammunition and other products. I am very much looking forward to things calming down, If that ever happens lol.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have carried a Shield 1.0 9mm for three years...in a front jeans pocket and thin polymer holster. I ordered a friend an EZ model. When he me asked how to disassemble it for cleaning, I began to show him, ignoring the manual which emphasized that the grip safety must NOT be depressed when taking the slide off. It locked up and would not move rearward or forward. It should arrive Friday from S&W where it has been for two months.
Learn a lesson from me; always read the manual first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts