MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like big, rectangular, flat, overhanging, serrated, plain black rear sights. Which one looks most like that? I don't want adjustable, just a simple, unadorned rear sight.

I'd like it to work with the factory front sight.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
jhe888 said:
Those do look like what I want. I assume they work with the factory front? Thanks.
100% yes. they are made to work with he factory front. I love my bomar's, that is why my sights look the way they do.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='jhe888']Those do look like what I want. I assume they work with the factory front? Thanks.
100% yes. they are made to work with he factory front. I love my bomar's, that is why my sights look the way they do.[/quote]

Dan, how hard is your rear site to install? Hopefully easier than it is to take the stock rear off. Geez that sucker was tight and all I wanted to do was move it a hair to adjust the POI.

And will your rear work with the compact factory front as well?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Some fitting may be required! This latest batch seems to be pretty easy going. If any fitting is required all that needs work is the bottom of the dovetail so you can just put a piece of sandpaper on a hard surface and rub the bottom of the sight back and forth until she fits.

It works with the compacts perfectly. The compacts use the same sights all around as the full size.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
Some fitting may be required! This latest batch seems to be pretty easy going. If any fitting is required all that needs work is the bottom of the dovetail so you can just put a piece of sandpaper on a hard surface and rub the bottom of the sight back and forth until she fits.

It works with the compacts perfectly. The compacts use the same sights all around as the full size.

Thanks another question...is the notch wider on yours than on the factory rear? Helpful for picking up the sights for those who are getting a little older.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Sorry, Same size notch as the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts