What size grip do you use?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size grip do you use?

I like the small, I think i have avg size hands, my ring is a 10.5

I personally like a small grip so i can get a good grip around the handle.

just as if it was on a pull up bar, i like smaller bars.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i switch between small and med every once in awhile, but i think small fits me best.

·
Registered
521 Posts
After I did the trigger job it moved the point of release a little farther back. I like the extra distance from the trigger the large grip gave but didn't like the fat roundish feel. I reduced the width so the sides are more flat (its actually a little flatter than the medium grip). I also took a little bit of the arch out out the backstrap area. Did a horizontal line stipple job similar to Mr Burwells "sharkskin' treatment. It doesn't feel large, the diameter is probably really close to the medium grip, its longer but not as wide. Feels even closer to a 1911 now...I like it alot.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am soon to be offering my Sharkskin back straps as a "aftermarket" grip replacement rather than being done only on customer supplied back straps. I am going to try to keep a supply for either same day or next day shippment. I have been trying to build my stock and this poll should help guide my supply. This is an excellent market research tool.

Thanks for doing this poll,

Dan

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I prefer the feel of the medium however I seem to shoot better with the large. Hence, I use the large.

My girlfriend is the same as me but with the small and medium.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan Burwell said:
I am soon to be offering my Sharkskin back straps as a "aftermarket" grip replacement rather than being done only on customer supplied back straps. I am going to try to keep a supply for either same day or next day shippment. I have been trying to build my stock and this poll should help guide my supply. This is an excellent market research tool.

Thanks for doing this poll,

Dan

no prob, i just wanted to find out what people use and why. Does a x size grip help a person shoot better? is a hold more important etc..

·
Registered
14 Posts
i prefer feel and fit of large, but shoot better w/ medium

i switch between both...trying to improve my shooting w/ large

my $.02

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use the large, it fits my hand and gives me a feel that is similar enough to my XD's.

I will be interested in those backstraps when you are ready to start shipping them Dan. Please let us know when they are available.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Large grips......

I started off shooting with the medium grips but it didn't feel right since I was used to shooting my SW9VE which has great ergonomics and rather large grips. I Voted for the large grips.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe I get a better "feel" with the small backstrap, however the medium works for me also. Just not with as good of a grip feel.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Large grip for me. Needed something in between large and medium. So I took the Dremmel tool to the large grip ground away the portion that put too much pressure on the ball of my thumb. Now it fits fine and still looks pretty good.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like the Small better!!

I get better control and When I shoot USPSA/IPSC, I want my gun to go back int he same place every time I draw it!!

With the Small, I get the same grip every time, I didn't witht he Med.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The small, witch is odd becouse I have big hands and all my other poly guns I like the large or medium. The friggin palm swell felt goofy to me.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts